Advice PLEASE......

My 2 cents: I think you need to play the copyright card being that the mother is the legal guardian of the grandson (son). You will need her permission.

I personally think it's despicable that she is "playing" her son in this tug-of-war. I know it's an "ex" situation but you shouldn't penalize the grandfather/grandson relationship. (That was personal editorial by the way)

And... I hand deliver all of my product. Proofs, prints, re-prints... just because I for one think it's a better way to market myself ala "Fuller Brush Salesman". Plus I really don't do that many clients to NOT hand deliver them.

I think that Im just going to leave it alone. My husband offered to carry them to work with him, which isn't far from their business and meet them on his lunch...they dont want to meet. They don't want to pay for shipping and I really don't feel like I want to swallow my pride on this one. I was upfront with them and they know that. She won't pay for shipping bc she is complaining about what she has already spent.....which I feel was very reasonable. I don't know. I have never had to deal with someone like her and it is driving me crazy.

Here is what she spent and what she got......am I over charging?
She got 29 different 4x6s, 4 different 5x7s, 4 different 8x10s and 55 5x7s greeting cards......all for $225......her session fee was $55 for 1 1/2hrs and 6 people.....32 proofs, not including the christmas card proofs....and editing work for free....Should she be complaining?

A few of the pics.....

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

no she should not be complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

could you meet half way no hang you said your husband would deliver

mmmmmmmm

id stick with that saying thats the best you can do.

has she paid you yet??

no she should not be complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

could you meet half way no hang you said your husband would deliver

mmmmmmmm

id stick with that saying thats the best you can do.

has she paid you yet??

The order above....yes she has. The order she is wanting me to bring to her....no, she hasn't.

TRICKY ONE.

THE QUESTION IS DO YOU WANT TO LOSE THE MONEY CAUSE THATS A POSSIBILITY

TRY CALLING HER BLUFF AND SAY ITS YOUR HUSBAND DELIVERING OR SHE WILL HAVE TO WAIT TIL AFTER XMAS.

oops sorry didnt mean to shout:lmao:

The first 3 are really great! She definitely got a good deal IMO. Now you should probably move on, not give it any more of your time or emotion. The next shoot is on the way!

-Shea

stick to your guns...dont deliver, express to her that you only delivered before because you happened to be there...if you were a store, she would come to you>>>>otherwise, she pays shipping...she's just darn cheap!!!

You need to ask yourself this, is losing 30min of your time is worth the bad press this woman will give everyone she knows if you don't deliver them?

I'd deliver them, and then make it a point to be up front about what is expected in the future. Once you start doing nice things for clients they do come to expect them. Yes, it is nasty that she's being so difficult, but just do it and then never see her again. ;)

She has decided to meet my husband on his lunch break....he works fairly close to her business.

It's not a matter of just not wanting to....I really don't have the time. I have 2 small kids....both in their last days of school.....days have been booked w/Christmas parties.....not to mention that my son's 3rd birthday was yesterday and I spent half of today in the doctor's office w/him b/c he is sick. I don't have 30 min to spare and drag my kids in to the city during her hours of choice. I shouldn't have to explain my daily schedule to this woman. I understand that this may cause problems for my future business, but when your husband works 50-60 hours a week and you have to play super Mom and be in 5 places at once.....sometimes you just can't please everyone. Im a Mom first and their schedule is always priority.

She has decided to meet my husband on his lunch break....he works fairly close to her business.

It's not a matter of just not wanting to....I really don't have the time. I have 2 small kids....both in their last days of school.....days have been booked w/Christmas parties.....not to mention that my son's 3rd birthday was yesterday and I spent half of today in the doctor's office w/him b/c he is sick. I don't have 30 min to spare and drag my kids in to the city during her hours of choice. I shouldn't have to explain my daily schedule to this woman. I understand that this may cause problems for my future business, but when your husband works 50-60 hours a week and you have to play super Mom and be in 5 places at once.....sometimes you just can't please everyone. Im a Mom first and their schedule is always priority.

Its hard to deal with people like her, they never seem satisfied. I will say though that I would never tell a customer I don't have time even if they are difficult, they pay my bills and I will go out of my way to make them happy, unless they know upfront that you don't do that and in this case you did once before.

I offer the delivery service for all my customers. I do more video and photo slideshow work but will be adding photography to my business. I've driven 40 minutes out of my way to hand deliver 3 VHS to DVD conversions for a customer and did not charge them extra. Just from that one customer I picked up 5 new clients. I think I got my money back. I would have driven the 30 minutes and been done with it right from the start.

I'm glad you were able to work out. Great shots by the way.

Its hard to deal with people like her, they never seem satisfied. I will say though that I would never tell a customer I don't have time even if they are difficult, they pay my bills and I will go out of my way to make them happy, unless they know upfront that you don't do that and in this case you did once before.

I offer the delivery service for all my customers. I do more video and photo slideshow work but will be adding photography to my business. I've driven 40 minutes out of my way to hand deliver 3 VHS to DVD conversions for a customer and did not charge them extra. Just from that one customer I picked up 5 new clients. I think I got my money back. I would have driven the 30 minutes and been done with it right from the start.

I'm glad you were able to work out. Great shots by the way.

Again, I understand what you are saying, but this was a friend that understood that I don't deliver and that the reason I did before was b/c I was in the area. It is great that you can deliver, but I don't offer it. I personally don't have the time. Im I stay at home Mom with a 3 and 5 year old that I always have.....what work I do get done is between the hours of 9pm and 3am.....lol. I didnt initially tell her that I didnt have time, well not in those words....I just expressed that I wouldn't be in the area.....The fact is I have been very busy and just haven't had the time to drag my kids to her business during the hours she would like. When you can't you just can't.....I don't know how else to say it.

Thanks for the compliment.

i understane if you dont deliver you dont deliver and thats the end of it..but stay at home mums make me laugh when they say they dot have the time. what do you do all day.?

i understane if you dont deliver you dont deliver and thats the end of it..but stay at home mums make me laugh when they say they dot have the time. what do you do all day.?

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?! You must not have kids or know of any. It's not an easy job and I can't believe that someone would imply such a thing. What don't I do all day???? Currently Im eating lunch and checking this.....when Im done I will be doing laundry and finishing the last coat of stain on my steps....all while taking care of a sick 3 year old and getting dinner ready....oh, and balancing my check book and paying bills. What I do during my day is my business, but I will not drag my kids all over town for a selfish client, especially in 40 degree weather when my son is sick! Its not an easy thing to load 2 kids that are tired and ill in to your car and fact is she knew that I don't deliver. Im very positive I stay busier that you.....What do you do all day??????????

my child is 6 and at school now and i work from 9am til 3. then do photos and 'housework after we eat then bths and stories then bed, then i do nothing.

when my little boy was home i used to have the housework done by 10am then spend the rest of the day having fun with my boy.

then we would eat have baths stories then bed then i would do nothing!!!!!

so thats what i did

its all about organising your time.

oh and in the summer hols we are on the beach by 10am and not home til 5

so basically i just had a laugh before he went to school and now he is at school i work

just re read this post and thought id been a bit harsh but then i read both your kids are at school.

i really cant add anymore and stick by what i said

Most reactions

New Topics

Back