advice please

katy625

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
anyone have advice on how to get "as close as possible" to tact sharp while taking photos of children w no tripod. im having a hard time w this. its incredibly difficult to keep kids still and also i like getting interesting angles as well so i dont use a tripod.....so, with that what can i do to get a pic as sharp as possible in those conditions?

off the top of my head, three options...

faster shutter speed.

flash.

tylenol PM.

Got the tylenol:lmao:
But see here is where i get stuck....i love ambient lighting so i guess i need to start utilizing my flash.

get a faster lens and you can keep using ambient lighting.

yeah....i would LOVE a new lens if i had the money.....waaaa:violin: well, OT, actually it would have been nice if hubby had asked what i WANTED for my upcoming bday instead of plunking down over $300 for The Eagles concert tickets for me.....(i do love The Eagles - but i sooooo need a new lens!)

Are you using the kit lens? If so, you will need to have flash or at least good outdoor lighting. Also... learn to do some PP on them (giggle every time I say "pp"). A little sharpening on the full resolution image and then sized down does a world of good.

yes i do have the kit lens and i feel that i have out grown it. i do have photoshop elements 7 and know how to use it well...but I haven't been doing any pp sharpening really....guess i should start

I know it's a common lens... But the 50mm 1.8 II seems to do a good job at a great price. My images still need some pp for sharpening (and other stuff) but it seems to be a great tool.

The bad thing about having a great subject like your kids (and mine) is that they seem to take up just enough to not let you (or me) buy the good glass, the good body, and the good accessories. But for some reason... We love em' and can't get enough crappy pictures of em'.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back