advise on a wide angle wedding lens

That 16-35 f/2.8L would be an awesome edition to your camera bag. However, I have the 24-70 f/2.8L and it is my favorite lens for most of my work!

Last edited:
I agree with the 24-70, I use it on my 5dm2 and its a wonderful fast lense. My next purchase is going to be the 16-35 2.8. But I am working out just fine with the 24. great lense

Well there is also a 3-way conflict in there... wedding, portraits and wide.

Personally, I think that there is no such thing as a good wide portrait lens, weddings or otherwise. We all know that the wider you go, the more distortion you get and when doing portraits, you are giving people what I always call chipmunk cheeks (I wanna choke when I see people talking about portrait lenses and they think that a 50mm is the ultimate portrait lens. I want to slap them with a trout... lol). The better portraits lens are the ones over 70mm and the best ones are usually in the 85-200mm range... *hardly* wide angle but they will give you better results than ANY wide angle out there becuase of this distortion.

BTW, I do shoot weddings, and have a BLAST! Next one for me... this Saturday (that makes it the last 3 weekends in a row)! Yipee! :D

Well there is also a 3-way conflict in there... wedding, portraits and wide.

(I want to slap them with a trout... lol).

LOL yesss. I would like to photograph you slapping them with a trout -->Priceless:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back