AF-S TC-17E II returned..

Wolverinepwnes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so after much delibration i finally got the teleconverter and the day i got it nikon goes and announces the TC-20E III with aspherical glass. so i figure they will apply the same to the 1.7 and the 1.4 next year, so i sent back the 1.7 i got? so the question is, will they make a TC-17E III?

so after much delibration i finally got the teleconverter and the day i got it nikon goes and announces the TC-20E III with aspherical glass. so i figure they will apply the same to the 1.7 and the 1.4 next year,

Maybe they will, but history suggests otherwise. Not exactly a safe bet, IMO.

I figured i can always buy it again, it wasn't like it was on sale or anything! so if nothing happens by febuary i'll reorder it, i really hope it does though

I have purchased seven different TC units over the past twenty-five years, ALL of them used. The modern Nikon AF-S TC units have no significant moving parts, and are pretty sturdy. The thing is, prices on used TC units vary widely--I bought one TC-14e for $105, another for $179, even though the retail price on them is near $400,and both were like new. TC units "sometimes" are priced really below market price, if the seller is motivated or uninformed. It pays to look around the web in the Used section of smaller web-based stores for good deals.
Like Mr. Logic, I would not really expect Nikon to be updating its 1.4x and 1.7x TC units to aspherical design next year, but who knows--it is a possibility. If they do, that alone will , I think, lower the used market values on the older,non-aspherical style TC units by a bit.
My gut feeling is that the new TC-20e-III is designed to be optimal with the brand-new, announced-this-week,updated version of Nikon's first generation 300mm f/2.8 VR-G super-telephoto lens.

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and say. I was gonna buy the TC II this weekend, but I'm now holding off to either get a TC III or get a cheaper TC II when the TC III is released.

The question is how much better will the TC III be?

so after much delibration i finally got the teleconverter and the day i got it nikon goes and announces the TC-20E III with aspherical glass. so i figure they will apply the same to the 1.7 and the 1.4 next year, so i sent back the 1.7 i got? so the question is, will they make a TC-17E III?

Have you seen the price of the TC-20E III here in the UK the RRP is £449.99 double the price of the TC 1.7
thats crazy and the new 300mmF2.8 is £5099.99, old 300mm is £3499

Most reactions

Back