Haru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!

I need some wise advice.. I am currently using a full frame Canon. I would like to start shooting milky way and just starry sky in general and to fit in as much of it as possible.

I also have quite small budget.. with that I mean that I would like to use this lense for landscape shooting as well, be able to attach filter on top of it.

I was looking into Samyang 14mm f2.8, but whilest full manual doesn't scare me, I'm more concerned about not being able to use filters on it, unless purchasing Lee Filter set for ~300+ USD..

I've looked and red quite many reviews of different lenses and now I feel overwhelmed, so I would love to hear different opinions on this topic!

Looking forward to your advice, thank you! :)

Hello!

I need some wise advice.. I am currently using a full frame Canon. I would like to start shooting milky way and just starry sky in general and to fit in as much of it as possible.

I also have quite small budget.. with that I mean that I would like to use this lense for landscape shooting as well, be able to attach filter on top of it.

I was looking into Samyang 14mm f2.8, but whilest full manual doesn't scare me, I'm more concerned about not being able to use filters on it, unless purchasing Lee Filter set for ~300+ USD..

I've looked and red quite many reviews of different lenses and now I feel overwhelmed, so I would love to hear different opinions on this topic!

Looking forward to your advice, thank you! :)

if it was a crop model I'd say the Canon 10-18 (some have converted this to full frame!)
used Canon 16-35 (any version)
used Canon 17-40
Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8
the Samyang / Rokinon etc

depends on your budget

Most reactions

Back