What's new

Afghan War Memorial

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
45,715
Reaction score
14,785
Location
Victoria, BC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today I was privileged to cover the unveiling and dedication of the first Canadian memorial to the war in Afghanistan. A VERY moving ceremony....

1.
Afghan_Mem%20(1).jpg

The massed pipes and drums: The Royal Canadian Air Force Pipes & Drums, The Canadian Scottish Regiment, and the Victoria Police Department march on.


2.
Afghan_Mem%20(2).jpg



3.
Afghan_Mem%20(3).jpg

Company Sergent-Major Goodbody, Canadian Scottish. He might not be a large chap, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make an disparaging comments about his skirt!

4.
Afghan_Mem%20(4).jpg

Placing a poppy....

5.
Afghan_Mem%20(5).jpg

Soldiers of the Canadian Scottish and Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry pay their respects

6.
Afghan_Mem%20(6).jpg

The memorial

7.
Afghan_Mem%20(7).jpg

Her Honour, Judith Guichon, Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia inspects the guard of Afghanistan Veterans

8.
Afghan_Mem%20(8).jpg

If you've never seen a real hero, here's one: Captain Trevor Greene, talking to Her Excellency, Shinkai Karokhail, Afghan ambassador to Canada.
 
Last edited:
Excellent set.

I see some familiar faces in the crowd.
 
Beautiful work as always.
 
Very nice set
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
Great work, John!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom