Airports and Strike Action!

Lisa B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:|

That is the face i pulled this morning when my mate text me to tell me there may be strikes over the holiday period causing the airports to effectively close down operations for however many days on end - the earliest they could strike is 27th coz i just looked it up. Fingers crossed they don't strike though because the buggers did this to me last year too! I haven't seen my husband in 4 months and if they decide to strike over the time i fly out there on 28th, i'm going to seriously need someone to bust me out of jail for busting someones face at the airport!

GRR!

I'll be so ****in annoyed if they strike next Friday. I have no idea how i'd get enough money to fly out at a later date. Poooooooo.

people on strike never think what they do to other people not involved in their struggle.

I hate this.

same about German rail/traindrivers. They caused so much inconvenience to me and also extra costs, that I could beat up each of them, one by one ...

people on strike never think what they do to other people not involved in their struggle.

I hate this.

same about German rail/traindrivers. They caused so much inconvenience to me and also extra costs, that I could beat up each of them, one by one ...

It's not really their problem. They have to strike. It's their livelihood that is affected...that's why they strike.

I know it is very inconvenient when certain industries strike...but we have to learn to deal with it.

That's just how strikes work... Piss off enough people so that the company caves in and gives the union what they want. Doesn't always end that way though...

It's not really their problem. They have to strike. It's their livelihood that is affected...that's why they strike.

I know it is very inconvenient when certain industries strike...but we have to learn to deal with it.

I have no sympathies with the German train drivers. Or at least not wih the union which is on strike. Actually the whole strike over here is just two old men who fight with each other over who has got the biggest ego.

Both sides are totally unrealistic in what they want and offer, And the income the train drivers ask for is a slap in the face for many similarly qualified personell in Germany who earn less than they do.

but that much about politics ... sorry, not allowed here ;)

That's just how strikes work... Piss off enough people so that the company caves in and gives the union what they want. Doesn't always end that way though...

well, that is what I call blackmailing. Remember, in Germany they are never on strike for basic rights (this has been settled almost a century ago), but only about more income.

They do not only piss people off, but destroy small and private businesses and damage the large businesses which depend on transport.

One could argue that not being able to take action to get fair pay (in their eyes) because they have to work to allow others to get about is being held to ransom. But I don't know and don't really care. :)

One thing about strikes, you only ever hear one side. The press always needs a villain. And people are only interested when it has an impact on their lives, which is almost always a negative one.

One could argue that not being able to get fair pay (in their eyes) because they have to work to allow others to get about is being held to ransom. But I don't know and don't really care. :)

Well, I know people with much higher qualifications, who spent 5 to 10 years (of close to nothing income) to be that qualified, who at the age of 35 earn less per hour than a 23 year old German train driver. So that makes the difference regarding fair pay...

If German hospital doctors were on strike, I could see a reason, they work an incredible amount of extra hours, hence have no private life, and get almost no payment for it. But they do not strike often, they prefer to simply leave the country and work in the UK and Switzerland half time with double income :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back