Alana "Navarre Beach"

shadowlands

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just stumbled into this shot and only had a fast minute to capture one or two of her.
Right place, right time. It was the 4th of July on Navarre Beach, Florida.
Harsh direct sunlight and wind to deal with. Didn't have the opportunity to relocated her, etc...

Alana_424.JPG

Beautiful shot. I think the pilings above her in the image are a bit distracting, might crop some off the top.

Good catch considering the conditions.

I am not distracted a bit;). The background adds dimension and depth, imo, and looks appropriate. Without an umbrella or other shade, you did well with the light.

I also saw this photo on the DPReview Portrait forum - brave to post anything on that forum!

I really like the natural, candid look, and the bright sunlight suits the subject and setting.

And the model is delightful.

I also saw this photo on the DPReview Portrait forum - brave to post anything on that forum!

I really like the natural, candid look, and the bright sunlight suits the subject and setting.

Thanks!!!

Hey, explain the DPReview comment, please. I think I get it though.

Thanks!!!

Some of the feedback on DPR can be savage - and some of the most negative comments seem be made about some very high quality, professional portraits.

But when you look at some of the photos posted by the people giving the 'cc' - they tend to be average looking 'snaps'.

Thanks!!!

Some of the feedback on DPR can be savage - and some of the most negative comments seem be made about some very high quality, professional portraits.

But when you look at some of the photos posted by the people giving the 'cc' - they tend to be average looking 'snaps'.
you nailed it!
That's exactly what I was thinking. I've had people on there even saying that Alana "the model" wasn't attractive. They must be nuts!

Most reactions

Back