Alexa P. | My favorite model EVER.

Does she have an abnormally large left cheek bone? Or is it the lighting and camera angle creating the illusion of it?

Otherwise stunning!

So, basically, you think it was too cool, not enough contrast, and not sharp enough? (I'm just interpreting your re-edit :lol: ) Thanks for your feedback. :sillysmi:

More or less. I also fixed her cheek area cause it was sticking out too much.
View attachment 36146

Oh, I see that. :lol:

Yeah, see, I generally don't like reshaping people's faces. That's just a personal preference. Part of the reason I love her so much is for her unique facial features, so to change any of that would be going against the original reason I wanted to work with her. :lol:

Your interpretation is interesting. I showed it to a friend who prefers the warmth over my edit, but then again her style of shooting is always very warm, so that makes sense. I tend to like this one cooler, but that's where personal preference comes into play, I suppose. :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to post that though. Like I said, it's interesting to see everyone's view on it! :sillysmi:

Disregard my previous post on the cheek.

Now how might you have posed or lit her to take the attention away from her cheek? Unless your intent was to emphasize it?

I think if you lit her exactly the opposite way you did it would take the attention away from her cheek.

I really like it. Well done for night. She is beautiful.

It actually wasn't night time, it was during the day. :lol: There was just a dark tunnel behind her. (You can see it here: Blog « Emily McGonigle Photography Emily McGonigle Photography)

Thank you! :sillysmi:

More or less. I also fixed her cheek area cause it was sticking out too much.
View attachment 36146

Yeah, see, I generally don't like reshaping people's faces. That's just a personal preference. Part of the reason I love her so much is for her unique facial features, so to change any of that would be going against the original reason I wanted to work with her. :lol:

Your interpretation is interesting. I showed it to a friend who prefers the warmth over my edit, but then again her style of shooting is always very warm, so that makes sense. I tend to like this one cooler, but that's where personal preference comes into play, I suppose. :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to post that though. Like I said, it's interesting to see everyone's view on it! :sillysmi:

Now how might you have posed or lit her to take the attention away from her cheek? Unless your intent was to emphasize it?

I think if you lit her exactly the opposite way you did it would take the attention away from her cheek.

I actually think that her bone structure is *amazing*! I wouldn't want to minimize it. :sillysmi:

It actually wasn't night time, it was during the day. :lol: There was just a dark tunnel behind her. (You can see it here: Blog « Emily McGonigle Photography Emily McGonigle Photography)

I actually think that her bone structure is *amazing*! I wouldn't want to minimize it. :sillysmi:

Ok. It does look like she shoved a handful of redman in her cheek though.

Ok. :greenpbl:

Ok. :greenpbl:

I still love it either way! To each our own, right!

The love the picture, I feel like the lights in the back would look better if they were a wee bit lower, but thats just being picky.
The only thing bothering me is her left jaw looks kinda swollen or something? It looks odd and was the first thing I noticed

It's so good that I feel ok getting super-ultra picky. There's a very small piece of one of her bangs that is a little too long on the left side of her face (my left, not hers). My eye just won't stop going to it. :sexywink:
Love the pose, model, bokeh, and for a 430ex the lighting is really nice! I'd love to see what you could do with a strobe and beauty dish setup. One other thing that would really make a photo like this pop would be using a backlight to create a rim around the hair and dark clothing, helping separate her from the background even more. Great job!
-Sam
www.samhaddixphotography.com

It's so good that I feel ok getting super-ultra picky. There's a very small piece of one of her bangs that is a little too long on the left side of her face (my left, not hers). My eye just won't stop going to it. :sexywink:
Love the pose, model, bokeh, and for a 430ex the lighting is really nice! I'd love to see what you could do with a strobe and beauty dish setup. One other thing that would really make a photo like this pop would be using a backlight to create a rim around the hair and dark clothing, helping separate her from the background even more. Great job!
-Sam
www.samhaddixphotography.com

Yeah, a beauty dish is the next light modifier on my "must buy" list. The only issue is that I need to get a strobe before that's of any use to me, unless I modified it somehow to fit my flash, haha! Thanks for the tips :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back