Alexa P. | My favorite model EVER.

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Seriously. I have been dying to work with this girl forever and then one day, out of the blue, she expressed how disappointed she was that I didn't live closer because she wanted to shoot with me.

She was 3 hours away in D.C.

I picked my ass up and drove 3 hours to D.C.

I love this girl. :lmao:

::Sigh:: ANYWAY...

Alexa.

8475385564_c1a32eff84_c.jpg

I've been playing around with processing for the past 72 hours and it has been driving me a little crazy. I'm not a Photoshop wizard, so I get something in my head and then I spend SOOOOOO much time attempting to achieve and then by the time I'm done... I'm not even really sure if I did it. :biglaugh:

So anyway... C&C on this image welcome, if you feel moved to do so.

Last edited:
*woefully under equipped to really comment -- but*

If I were to be critical the two things that stand out to me most would be that her face looks a little too far over to the plastic side of smoothing (unless that was the effect you wanted) and the tops of her hands both look a little too hot/overexposed.

Well your model is very pretty, but she hasn't got the fur/scales/feathers/tiny size that I'm used to critiquing when it comes to photos ;)

Very nice photograph. I also like the lights in the back. I think it makes the photo that much better! Well done :)

Good job Rose!

Thank you! :sillysmi:

Omg she is stunning!!! I would love to hear how you set up this shot and gear you used love this picture!

Umm... let me see...

Well, it's a lot of natural light with a kick of flash.

We were in front of a bike/walking tunnel (You can see the location here: http://www.emilymcgonigle.com/2013/02/13/model-photography-alexa-poletti-sneak-peak/ ), which is what those lights behind her is.

In the beginning of the shoot, I had her stand... where I wanted her to stand... :lol: in front of the tunnel. I set my camera to expose for the ambient light that I wanted and then I set up my 430EXII camera right in a soft box above Alexa about a 45 degree angle. And then I played the trial and error with the flash power until I had just enough kick, but wasn't, in my opinion, super overpowering.

I shot with my 70-200mm f/2.8 so that really helped with the blurring of the background and the lights behind her. I dont' remember exactly what aperture I was shooting at, but I'm willing to bet it was pretty close to f/2.8, knowing me. :lol:

If you *really* want to know, after I make dinner (yes... at 11:15pm :lmao:) I can go into Lightroom and check. :sillysmi:

Good job Rose!

Thank you! :sillysmi:

Omg she is stunning!!! I would love to hear how you set up this shot and gear you used love this picture!

Umm... let me see...

Well, it's a lot of natural light with a kick of flash.

We were in front of a bike/walking tunnel (You can see the location here: Model Photography | Alexa Poletti | - Emily McGonigle Photography Emily McGonigle Photography ), which is what those lights behind her is.

In the beginning of the shoot, I had her stand... where I wanted her to stand... :lol: in front of the tunnel. I set my camera to expose for the ambient light that I wanted and then I set up my 430EXII camera right in a soft box above Alexa about a 45 degree angle. And then I played the trial and error with the flash power until I had just enough kick, but wasn't, in my opinion, super overpowering.

I shot with my 70-200mm f/2.8 so that really helped with the blurring of the background and the lights behind her. I dont' remember exactly what aperture I was shooting at, but I'm willing to bet it was pretty close to f/2.8, knowing me. :lol:

If you *really* want to know, after I make dinner (yes... at 11:15pm :lmao:) I can go into Lightroom and check. :sillysmi:
No no no eat! Just wanting to know general set ups flash placement etc

Most reactions

New Topics

Back