Alien bees

That's just a light and reflector. You will need a stand. The power supply is integrated. You simply plug the light into a wall.

Your AlienBees B1600 arrives with:
• our 7-inch Silver Field Reflector
• a protective Shipping Cover
• a user-replaceable 150 Watt Modeling Lamp
• our Paul C. Buff, Inc. Standard Flashtube
• a 15-foot Sync Cord
• a 15-foot Power Cord
• Nylon Clips for attaching Gels
• your Bee Owner’s Manual
• 60-Day Absolute Satisfaction
Guarantee and 2-Year Warranty

I was thinking they came with a light stand, but apparently not. It's been a while since I bought mine. They do come w/ power and sync cords though.

what about portable power? that is what i am really interested in. I will be using these outside.

i meant are there any other alternatives besides that expensive one from alien bees. Generators are out of the question too.

"That one" from alienbees is hardly expensive.......

Well, you could use some car batteries (but that's heavy and a pita to lug around) or an inverter (not any cheaper and you would need your car parked close to the shoot). The AB power pack doesn't seem that expensive to me in the grand scheme of photography which is an expensive endeavor.

People have made their own, but in the end you're better off just buying the Vagabond II. It's not "expensive". PCB doesn't make anything that is expensive.

I do not use the Alien Bee Lights anymore, but I still use the Vegabond II because it is the least expensive option for good portable power.

I'm going to replace all of my Bee's with Einsteins which have been announced. They are want the ABMax's promised to be but even better. I wouldn't buy a B1600 right now... I would wait for the Einsteins.

I'm going to replace all of my Bee's with Einsteins which have been announced. They are want the ABMax's promised to be but even better. I wouldn't buy a B1600 right now... I would wait for the Einsteins.

The Einstein's pre-order list is open now, they will be shipping in February

The Einstein's pre-order list is open now, they will be shipping in February
...we hope.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back