Alien World

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is totally out of my usual genre. I found myself waiting for a reasonable time to get on the base for a little archaeological expedition and decided to warm up the gear.

789-c-gate-2890-95.jpg

nice shot !!!!

Very nice Abraxas! I have color slides from the '40s when my grandfather did his tank training there.

looks nice but i wish the whole BMP was in there. If thats a a BMP anyways

nice shot !!!!

Thanks.

Very nice Abraxas! I have color slides from the '40s when my grandfather did his tank training there.

Thank you. I remember seeing some of them, or at least some of the photos he took. Quite impressive. I was asked to confine my photography to the archaeological site we were visiting. They have the coolest vehicles out there.

looks nice but i wish the whole BMP was in there. If thats a a BMP anyways

I have no idea what that is. This is just some stuff they have at the entrance. Since the fort is so far away from my house (75 miles) I showed up about an hour and a half early and didn't want to waste a sunrise. After maybe a half an hour waiting here just outside the camp, I started the tedious process of recieving a vistor pass, and driving around the 'city' part of the fort lost (because they have little-tiny lettering on their signs). The timing for the orientation meeting and loading up was perfect.

I like it a lot. The colours and lighting are great.

Is that the place you where talking with Linda about getting into (hope I recall her name right)

:thumbup::thumbup:
Love it.​

Great shot, great processing on the back end. You had a tough decision to make in framing it, cutting off either part of the sign or part of the tank. I think you made the best decision.

I like it a lot. The colours and lighting are great.

Thanks.

that looks awesome, as with all your pictures lol.

:) Thank you.

Is that the place you where talking with Linda about getting into (hope I recall her name right)

Yep, Linda. She and her husband came along on this trip- she's turning out to be quite a friend.

:thumbup::thumbup:
Love it.​

Thanks. For as unmilitary as I am, I quite enjoy being probably the only hippie on the base.

Great shot, great processing on the back end. You had a tough decision to make in framing it, cutting off either part of the sign or part of the tank. I think you made the best decision.

Thanks. Since I was standing on an incline there was also quite a bit of distortion from the wide angle (10mm) that had to be corrected. I seemed to get most of it under control, but it looks crappy as an 8x10. I hate wasting a sunrise, so this was the best use of it I could come up with. I kept thinking the vehicle would be great for me in the desert. I could duct tape my camera on the end of the barrel, use live view and a remote cable.

Most reactions

Back