almost sunset at Scripps, La Jolla. Plus crepuscular rays

xzyragon

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was waiting for a couple peeps to show up for a photoshoot, so I took this while I was waiting. Got lucky with actually having some crepuscular rays show up (usually the long exposure softens them so you can't see em).

Scripps Pier by christophercoxphoto, on Flickr

Some seriously blown highlights here... Too many for my liking. This shot screams for HDR or graduated neutral densities...

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some seriously blown highlights here... Too many for my liking. This shot screams for HDR or graduated neutral densities...

Jake

yeah. usually i'd do them later on in the day when the light is softer. I really need to get a GND, or just upgrade to the lee system you recommended. Does HDR work on longer exposures?

Jake

yeah. usually i'd do them later on in the day when the light is softer. I really need to get a GND, or just upgrade to the lee system you recommended. Does HDR work on longer exposures?

Usually I would just take two or three exposures and manually layer them. It does work for long exposures, but it's kind of a pain.

Jake

Usually I would just take two or three exposures and manually layer them. It does work for long exposures, but it's kind of a pain.

i've yet to try anything with HDR. I'm guessing I combine the raw files in photoshop to make a final image? Time to try out some HDR test shots haha

i've yet to try anything with HDR. I'm guessing I combine the raw files in photoshop to make a final image? Time to try out some HDR test shots haha

I use Photomatix Pro for my HDR conversions, but I believe Photoshop has the ability to HDR as well. Yeah, you just bracket the photos, and combine them in the software.

Jake

I use Photomatix Pro for my HDR conversions, but I believe Photoshop has the ability to HDR as well. Yeah, you just bracket the photos, and combine them in the software.

Jake

yeah i know the concept, but my roommate who got me into photography hates on HDR. Part of the reason why i've been avoiding it.

Jake

yeah i know the concept, but my roommate who got me into photography hates on HDR. Part of the reason why i've been avoiding it.

He probably hates HDR because he's never seen a good one. I'll post some examples--you'll probably be unable to tell that they are even HDR. When done subtly, it can really improve an image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back