Dutchie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.petraroest.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! I am a newby here from the Netherlands :D
Went to the beach today and took some pics...

6.jpg

7.jpg

welcome to the forum and thats a great avatar you have :lol:

for what looks like a cold day there are a lot of people on that beach.

my fav would have to be the 2nd shot

Welcome again, Dutchie.
So when were these taken? When did you have this cold but clear day? Was it last Thursday? That was our clearest, if not coldest day of the winter.

I like them both, and wonder what we see in the background of Photo 2, all those harbour cranes? Where is it?

Oh it was very cold!!! There was lots of wind, so lots of sand in the sky. This is why the pics seem a little blurry.
These pics were taken last sunday in Kijkduin (near Den Haag). The harbour craned you see in the background is either Hoek van Holland or Europoort.

Funny...I also posted these pics on a Dutch photography forum and there they absolutely hated the pics. Think I like this site better ;-)

WELCOME!!! I like the #2 one... on the back the factories chimneys look great in fog .

"Hated it"?
How come?
What did they say?

Oh boy, where do I start. The composition was bad, they had too little contrast, they were too dark, ugly cranes in the background. One didnt think they photo's were 'done' enough to be shown. One was wondering what I tried to say with the picture.

I like getting responses to my pictures...good and bad. I learn from them. However do realise that a photography to me is all a matter of taste. If you dont like a picture have some respect and dont completely trash it. Its all in the way you say it. Make sense?

In my opinion they portrait exactly what the beach was like that day. A little dark and gloomy :)

Well, if there was a lot of sand in the air, you cannot expect a scene to be crystal clear, now can you?
OK, a word might be said about the slanted horizon in 2, it is not quite straight but should be that when water is in the picture (unless you go for such obviously WANTED crooked angles that that is your style).
And you might say something about the horizon being quite centred in 2. But then I like the inclusion of the seagull in the upper left, and I quite like the cranes in the background, too.
They are there!

Of course one can create an image where - starting with a photo - one would bring about so many changes that it then only just expresses something you feel or so: the "ideal" beach, with cloned out cranes. Maybe?

But I think that is not what you wanted to create, right?
You wanted to capture what you saw and what was there, hm?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back