Alyssa outside. New lens 16-35mm comments welcome.

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter wanted to have some pictures taken today. It was cold, and I had a bit of trouble with the lighting (still working on off camera flash).
Anyways I ended up with 3 that I liked. I liked the lens, and it is pretty sharp that's for sure.
IMG_5287-1_zps2c5a9c1a.jpg

IMG_5258-1_zps3d6ee77d.jpg

IMG_5293-1_zpsbcf58ca3.jpg

#3 my fave.

Big difference in color between #1 and #2.

Do you own a diffuser for the flash?

Yes but I had left it in my bag. I would use it if I could go back in time.

Are you editing on a calibrated monitor? The WB looks off in all of these to me... The first one in particular has a harsh cyan bias.

Also, a 16-35 wouldn't be my "go-to" lens for headshots, but I'm glad you like it!

She looks just like Elisha Cuthbert!

Way too tight on the face and the color is a little too saturated.

She is gorgeous... but the framing is a little tight, and the PP needs a bit more work. Get those skin tones more consistent....

She is gorgeous... but the framing is a little tight, and the PP needs a bit more work. Get those skin tones more consistent....
(I'm stealing your bolding technique cgipson. Must be a new feature in BBs cause we never use to be able to highlight and bold. Hope you dont mind.)

I learned that using the custom white balance saved a ton of time in PP and greatly increases consistency.

Thanks Tyler, I re-calibrated my laptop this am, and it was out of whack. As for the 16-35, I agree I normally would be using my 50mm, but I thought I'd try it out.

As for the close cropping, I was shooting in my backyard. With all the leaves gone, the background were mainly houses and they didn't look very good. I had a number of body shots, but the backgrounds were terrible.

Here are the revised shots.

IMG_5287-3_zpsd2e82193.jpg

IMG_5258-3_zps3c931c81.jpg

IMG_5293-4_zps5760e312.jpg

I like the orginal color of #3, makes her complexion look clearer... (Granted I know Zero about Photography) Just from a woman's standpoint!

$girledit.jpg

This is probably what I'd do to fix it. But to each their own ! :)

Hello, I thought I'd see what I could do with that 3rd photo. Here's my edit. (I have 3 daughters and I think it's fun that she wants you to take her photo)

Attachments

• $IMG_5293-4_zps5760e312-2.jpg
    $IMG_5293-4_zps5760e312-2.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 96

Most reactions

Back