Am I Crazy?

crzyfotopeeple

Vanimal
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sold all my Canon gear and went mirrorless

Loving it so far. Auto focus not as fast but I think I can live with it. Image quality is great and so much less to carry around. I find myself taking my camera with me more now.

Not if the kind of photography you do doesn't require the DSLR autofocus. That's the one hurdle in the way of making me want to switch.

Not if the kind of photography you do doesn't require the DSLR autofocus. That's the one hurdle in the way of making me want to switch.

It will happen. Fuji already has sensors with phase detection built-in, they've used the technology in p/s for some time.

It's already in the X20 and X100S/T.

Last edited:

It will happen. Fuji already has sensors with phase detection built-in, they've used the technology in p/s for some time.

It's already in the X20 and X100S/T.

Yeah but it's a hybrid system that still can't touch DSLRs in terms of speed or precision.

If you're anywhere un-contrasty or overall pretty dark, good luck.

And even then, sometimes in good light it will just shift from one end of its focus to the other and give me a red blinking light telling me "focus on nothing??????"

I'm sure it will happen pretty soon, and the XT-1 supposedly has autofocus that trumps the X100 and XE series, but right now I definitely wouldn't trust any one-time event to my X100S unless I knew the conditions were conducive to its autofocus.

Yep, that and lack of a good 300mm f/2.8 35mm equivalent option are the only reasons I still own a Nikon.

Well, if you don't need AF you can adapt anything to a mirrorless. That's why I like my fuji.

Well guys, I have the Olympus e-m1 with the hybrid phase detection af. With the v3.0 firmware upgrade I'm now pretty much happy with the c-af. On a test of a car moving towards me at 30mph, 20 frames shot, 2 were out of focus, 3-4 were close to critical focus and the rest were tack sharp. As good as a Nikon or Canon DSLR? No, but close enough for me.

Also, I have the 40-150 (80-300 35mm equiv) 2.8 lens. Not only is it tack sharp, but something that neither Canon nor Nikon even offer.

I too jumped on the mirrorless bandwagon, and am extremely happy with my switch.
Now the camera actually comes out of the bag. Before it was leaving the Nikon system at home. I'd say mirrorless is "better" since I actually use it.

Not crazy at all. I'm in the "in-between" phase myself. I still have Nikon D800 + Trinity, but also have a Sony A7R and the 16-35 f/4. I'm astounded by the weight and quality. Focus is harder, sure... but I'm keeping the Nikon system and my 70-200 / 85 1.4D for events/weddings. The Sony is the hiking / backpacking go-to! =)

I used to own Nikon DSLR with a few lenses, nothing high end, but it was still a big chunky camera with big heavy lens. I used to leave the camera at home more often than not, because its size...
Then Olympus came out with their PEN E-P1 and after testing it for a few weeks, I ended selling my DLSR. And I do not regret it at all.
What good is a big ass camera if it sits in your closet?
For my needs micro four thirds is simply perfect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back