am i getting anything right??

how do i CC my photo;s when i have no way to know if there wrong? well all try. #1 i think is a little out of focus framing seems ok to me? color seems to be good am i right?? #2 this was taking on a very sunny day. on the dog the color and focus seem ok to me? but the grass looks to be blown out by the sun?? well i'll keep trying and i will not give up
thanks
amartin

I like #1 but the head is too center and subject is blending into the background. If the lighting had been more low key it'd have more contrast. I'm a nooB student though don't pay much attention to me.

how do i CC my photo;s when i have no way to know if there wrong? well all try. #1 i think is a little out of focus framing seems ok to me? color seems to be good am i right?? #2 this was taking on a very sunny day. on the dog the color and focus seem ok to me? but the grass looks to be blown out by the sun?? well i'll keep trying and i will not give up
thanks
amartin

Critiquing yourself definitely helps you learn.

Here are a few observations.....but take my comments with a grain of salt as I am a noob as well.

In #1 you captured a nice moment. The boy has a great expression. You're using a 50 mm prime (the old nifty fifty) and doing the classic noob mistake of using it at f1.8. This gives you nice background blur but not enough depth of field to capture the subject in focus. If you look carefully, the focus is good on the hair but falls off as you go down the face. The chair is distracting. Your subject is too centered. Look up the rule of thirds and try to crop it a bit (take off from the top and from the left).

In #2, the grass isn't blown out. That refers to being pure white. The dog is somewhat back-lit, so he is more in shadow, especially at the face. You used manual mode with matrix (evaluative) metering, so you probably metered more off the grass than the dog. Had you used center-weighted metering, or spot metering, you could have exposed the dog better, at the expense of the grass. You could use your fill-light in post to brighten the dog a bit.

Hope this helps.

Desi

thanks for the replys i'm sure i'll learn from this. and i will keep trying till i get it right

I like both these images...
I really like the million dollar expression on the face of the kid
The second one is good too, but more likable if engaged in some activity

Regards :D

Both are pretty decent photo that could be good with a couple simple touches. For the one of the kid you needed to pan down a little more and frame his head higher in the photo. Or you could just crop some of the top above his head since its just dead space not doing much. Same with the dog. Lots of dead space. A tighter crop on the dog would be better.

thanks everyone for all your reply's and tip's i will try the crop joe and freq it was a million dollar expression

Most reactions

Back