Am I going overboard?!! C+C Please

bkristopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bkristopher.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am newer to photography and post production. I am feeling that I am going overboard in my PP? Any thoughts??

Shot today.

Original

2010-7-15VF024.jpg

2010-7-15VF024_pp.jpg

Original

2010-7-15VF014.jpg

2010-7-15VF014_pp.jpg

Original

2010-7-15VF003.jpg

2010-7-15VF003_pp.jpg

I do not believe you are going overboard at all.

Your treatment of the sky is somewhat lacking. Maybe you need to bracket the shot to get more from the sky.
Which PP software are you using?

Your grass has the same issue.

The last image seems to be the better of the lot.

I am newer to photography and post production. I am feeling that I am going overboard in my PP? Any thoughts??

CS3

I have seen some of your other posts, and I think you have good style and are very good at accepting what others may say about your work. Great attitude.

Others who have experience with PS will be able to help you more.

You are definitely headed in the right direction, keep at it.

i wud like to see a more interesting sky, always gives a better picture.

Looks quite reasonable to me--nothing extreme, nothing too wild or whacky.

I think everyone worries about that, that's why this forum comes in handy. No, you're definitely not going overboard-- looks very natural and your shots have definitely improved from your post efforts. Kudos!

Shot today.

2010-7-15VF024_pp.jpg
I did this real quick run through, in which I pulled the buildings from the rest of the picture, so I could keep some tone in the sky. It also kep the color in the trees and grass a bit more neutral. I also tried to keep any kind of tint off the buildings, to make them pop more., and look more refreshing.
Topaz Remask and Adjust 4
2010-7-15VF024.jpg

To work on skies and rest separately would have been my approach, too, but I love the yellow of the early morning light of the buidling and enjoy its enhancement in bkristopher's version. I also like how his pp brings out the deep shadows of a very low sun on the uneven stone walls!

The second and third photo lack in composition a bit. My approach to cropping would certainly be different, but not to enhancing contrasts and thus colours. That looks good and definitely not "overboard".

I think they look good, all improved except maybe the 1st one. You did blow out the sky some on that one.

The processing looks fine, stick with it. There is no one way to process images, find what you like and go with it. Shoot to make yourself happy and content (but yes, its always good to touch base with others to get their input).

If you are new to photography, focus more on the image taking (exposure, composition,...) then the image processing.

I don't think you have gone the least bit overboard, I would have cropped differently but thats simply personal taste, other than that i try to make my pictures look like how my eye could see them at the time, which seems like what you have gone for here, good job

I think the first one has an artificial look to it, like the house was cut out of a magazine and glued onto the background.

I think the other two look great.

Thanks for all of the comments. I think #1 is the best example of why I am questioning. I wasn't sure if I was over sharpening.

I will try to work on the sky and see what happens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back