Am I wrong for feeling like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for that guy, his picture is posted on public forum and judged just because he is using D3000 with kit lens. SMH.

Why do you fell sorry for this guy. I all ready deleted his face and besides its not like he is going to lose any business just because of this thread. No of you would even know how to contact him if they wanted to.

Honestly when I posted the original picture it was for the set up not him. I honestly did not think about him. Once it was mentioned I changed out his face.

You're being a bit over-dramatic, don't you think?

Maybe just maybe.

You asked if you were wrong. If you're only going to get your panties in a knot if someone says you are, then you probably shouldn't ask the question...

Im not getting my boxers in a knot sorry I don't wear panties..:thumbup:

Maybe just maybe.

You asked if you were wrong. If you're only going to get your panties in a knot if someone says you are, then you probably shouldn't ask the question...

Maybe, next time, a reasonable approach would be for you to just stop worrying about him. Let him do his job while you do yours...

It's what they pay me to do at work actually - Fraud Detection. I make a pretty decent living judging hundreds and hundreds of people I've never met every day. Plus, free coffee. So yup, like my job.. lol

That sounds like a gig I could get on board with...

I really enjoy it - I'd stay even if I had to pay for coffee.. lol. Honestly it's lightyears away from anything I'd imagined I'd be doing at this stage in life, but I guess having such a finally tuned BS detector came in handy after all.

This entire thread made me think back to the episode of Judge Joe Brown from 2010, the one where a couple was suing a cut-rate wedding photographer who had prints made at WalMart, and who shot the wedding using a Canon Digital Rebel and 18-55 and 70-300 zooms, but under questioning by JUdge Brown, did not know the lens speeds of her gear, and who had no flash, and so on. The entire episode got HUGE play here on TPF< and indeed, all over the photography web and blogs. The video has since been pulled from YouTube due to multiple copyright infringement claims, but this blog has some of the highlights:

Throwing Other Photographers Under the Bus May be Great Fun, But Is It a Good Thing? | ESSENTIALS For Photographers

So - those that would be judgemental about people arriving for a shoot with particular equipment... (which is your prerogative - I'm not criticising you for that opinion.)

Please could I ask - what is the minimum standard of Canon / Nikon body and lens which would be deemed to be an acceptable minimum for this type of photo shoot?

Genuinely curious to know!

As far as the requirement would probably be some sort of pro body DX or FF that We ALL know which ones regardless if its older or newer. Defiantly not a kit lens! At least a 35 1.8 lens would be good at the very least.

I did not put to much thought into that but I know if I would have seen a D200 with a 35mm I would not have even thought about it.

HERECOMEST.PNG

Maybe just maybe.

Maybe, next time, a reasonable approach would be for you to just stop worrying about him. Let him do his job while you do yours...

I will tell you what&#8230;.If you can honestly tell me you have never had a judgmental thought ever I will never judge another photographer again.

Deal?

This entire thread made me think back to the episode of Judge Joe Brown from 2010, the one where a couple was suing a cut-rate wedding photographer who had prints made at WalMart, and who shot the wedding using a Canon Digital Rebel and 18-55 and 70-300 zooms, but under questioning by JUdge Brown, did not know the lens speeds of her gear, and who had no flash, and so on. The entire episode got HUGE play here on TPF< and indeed, all over the photography web and blogs. The video has since been pulled from YouTube due to multiple copyright infringement claims, but this blog has some of the highlights:

Throwing Other Photographers Under the Bus May be Great Fun, But Is It a Good Thing? | ESSENTIALS For Photographers

I remember that and also there as another Judge show with a female judge. I can't remember here name but she is a hispanic judge. The episode was about wedding photographers taking pictures with an entry level DSLR and kit lens with a 55-200 zoom lens.

The judge had a little more knowledge about photo gear , f-stops and what not. She even had questions about why were they shooting and charging money for professional work with entry level gear and her ruling was for the plaintiff.

I feel sorry for that guy, his picture is posted on public forum and judged just because he is using D3000 with kit lens. SMH.

Why do you fell sorry for this guy. I all ready deleted his face and besides its not like he is going to lose any business just because of this thread. No of you would even know how to contact him if they wanted to.

Honestly when I posted the original picture it was for the set up not him. I honestly did not think about him. Once it was mentioned I changed out his face.
So much contradiction to what you are saying now than what you posted. You might want to read post #1.

I must confess. I totally judge people by their gear. Whenever I see a man with a pimped out DSLR and a massive lens, I think, "Now there is a professional photographer with a small penis."

There. I said it.

Maybe just maybe.

I will tell you what&#8230;.If you can honestly tell me you have never had a judgmental thought ever I will never judge another photographer again.

Deal?

Why on earth would I do that? I judge people every single day.

The difference here, though, is that I don't give a rat's ass whether or not someone on the internet thinks I'm "wrong" for doing it. Clearly, you do, because you started an entire freaking thread about it. Tell ya' what: If you want to sleep better at night, if you're so concerned about whether or not he's the best choice for the gig, pull up your big boy pants and step in and set him straight, or do it yourself.

Jesus H. Christ, these whiney "Look at THIS guy" threads are stupid, and reflect far more poorly on the person posting them than on the person depicted in them...

I must confess. I totally judge people by their gear. Whenever I see a man with a pimped out DSLR and a massive lens, I think, "Now there is a professional photographer with a small penis."

There. I said it.

LOLOL!!

There. I said it.

Ok so maybe I shouldn't be looking to get a 500 mm lens then? Ah what the heck. Not like I don't repel women with amazing speed already.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back