Amateur Photographer Desperately Seeking C&C

bmullecker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello there! I'm an amateur photographer (on and off for the past few years, only got serious recently) and know absolutely no one that can critique my work, as none of my friends show absolutely any interest in photography. I figured this is a great place to come to get some honest C&C from all of the threads I've gone through. I would greatly appreciate some sort of feedback, as I'm so desperate for some sort of input on my work - good or bad.

Here's a link to my flickr with some of my photos on it:
Flickr: bmullecker's Photostream

Thank you very much for your time!

Like all the other threads you've gone through, you should post photos here for critique. It makes it easier for us, and you will get more responses.

That makes sense, thank you!

I hope 4 images isn't an overload for you all, but here we go:

1. First HDR, taken over a year ago.

4984107013_44648a38cd_z.jpg

6054652606_43ea0790b4_z.jpg

6040566255_c92294f595_z.jpg

5948792834_2cc487f86e_z.jpg

1 is nice for what it is, but the angle of the wheel looks like you either had some lens distortion or the car had a broken axle. The power lines are distracting and don't seem to add anything to the photo.
2 is a turtle.
3 I really like. Nice conversion, nice lighting, nice expression. Nicely done.
4 would have been really nice with a bit more directional light. As it is, the lighting is a bit flat. As Rick Sammon says, "Light illuminates, shadows define".

1 is nice for what it is, but the angle of the wheel looks like you either had some lens distortion or the car had a broken axle. The power lines are distracting and don't seem to add anything to the photo.
2 is a turtle.
3 I really like. Nice conversion, nice lighting, nice expression. Nicely done.
4 would have been really nice with a bit more directional light. As it is, the lighting is a bit flat. As Rick Sammon says, "Light illuminates, shadows define".

Thanks for the feedback! I completely agree with you, and the suggestions on 1 and 4 are very helpful. I just recently started looking into lighting and bought my first speed light, which is what I used for the first time on 3. Probably why I favor it the most out of them as well! :]

well my C&C is just my opinion, and it's mostly what people want, so they can improve their're skills.
1. It's really not a true HDR photo, Search HRD photography on Google, and you will see the difference write away.
2. I would of liked to see the front of the turtle.
3. As Kerb said it's a good shot.
4. Same thing lighting does look a tad flat, but your model wow Lovely eye, and that my weakness so i tend to try to make the eyes nice and sharp.
Either way don't take anyone's C&C in bad ways. Take it as a way to help you get better. All i said things i would have done. Anyways keep on shooting you will get better the more you shoot, not saying they are not. Hope i helped.

well my C&C is just my opinion, and it's mostly what people want, so they can improve their're skills.
1. It's really not a true HDR photo, Search HRD photography on Google, and you will see the difference write away.
4. Same thing lighting does look a tad flat, but your model wow Lovely eye, and that my weakness so i tend to try to make the eyes nice and sharp.
Either way don't take anyone's C&C in bad ways. Take it as a way to help you get better. All i said things i would have done. Anyways keep on shooting you will get better the more you shoot, not saying they are not. Hope i helped.

Thanks for the C&C! It's all helpful, and in no way taken as negative.

I see what you're getting at with number one. I'm not a fan of HDR photos, primarily for that overprocessed look people tend to give them, but three exposures were required to get that look due to the lighting I was offered. As for the turtle, I saved him on the road near my house and was letting him back into a swamp area in the woods. He was frightened and wouldn't come out of his shell until I backed away, but I still wanted to capture the moment. It's a shame, too, because he had some killer details in his face and arms.

Thanks for the C&C! It's all helpful, and in no way taken as negative.

I see what you're getting at with number one. I'm not a fan of HDR photos, primarily for that overprocessed look people tend to give them, but three exposures were required to get that look due to the lighting I was offered. As for the turtle, I saved him on the road near my house and was letting him back into a swamp area in the woods. He was frightened and wouldn't come out of his shell until I backed away, but I still wanted to capture the moment. It's a shame, too, because he had some killer details in his face and arms.

Well you did a good deed that day :) now LEONARDO DONATELLO MICHAELANGALO AND RAPHEAL can a a 5th to their pack, just got to buy more pizza.

Most reactions

Back