American Barn milky way

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not a ton of detail in the milky way here due to all the light polution from nearby cities but - to be able to get even this less than an hour from Boston was great. Was out there with 2 photo friends on Sunday night but it clouded up right before the mw rose above the horizon. One of them called me last night at 9:30 to say she went back there and skies were clear so I jumped in the car (mw core visibility was to start at 10:30 and needed to catch it early before it was too high up to include the barn). There were some wispy clouds in the way, but all in all I am happy with it. Going to try a stack later to see if I can bring out some more of the mw. Maybe went a bit too far with the noise reduction...

Americana by SharonCat..., on Flickr

VERY WELL DONE!!!!

Jealousy just oozed out of every pore of my skin.

Smashingly excellent!

Yeah, fantastic stuff. I like the 'stars' and stripes theme. Clever.

Very nice image.

Beautiful image. =]

VERY WELL DONE!!!!

Thanks!

Jealousy just oozed out of every pore of my skin.

Smashingly excellent!

Thanks! Are you a barn fan? I know a lot of photographers are into them. I have a pic somewhere of a half collapsed barn that is pretty cool I'll have to dig it up.

Yeah, fantastic stuff. I like the 'stars' and stripes theme. Clever.

Thanks! Yes we Yanks are very clever :p

Very nice image.

Thanks. Not far from where you live! This is in North Hampton. I may go back for a sunrise shot before they take the flag down. I read that they put it up on the 4th and take it down a few weeks later so time is running out...

Beautiful image. =]

Thank you.

Last one for today of this one. Tried a stack with Starry Sky Stacker (first time using that software). I think I like the single shot better but what do I know!

Barn stack by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Thanks.

@480sparky here’s that other barn I mentioned. It was just one of those “saw it from the road and pulled over” snaps. It’s too far away to go back for sunrise or sunset light.

C023745C-6425-4B74-9C2C-F6F71A2A367B.jpeg

I hate to see barns run down like that, they are such beautiful buildings. Nice image set =]

Beautiful!

You're really killing it this month. I just nominated one of the comet images for POTM - please someone, for pete's sake get this girl another nom! :lol:

Thanks so much Terri!

Most reactions

Back