American Barn milky way

Try the Hoya Skyscape filter as it really tones down the ambient city light. I just purchased but have been thwarted 3 nights in a row with nasty storms, the MoveShootMove Star Tracker device...it essentially follows the stars so you can shoot 2 minute exposures at ISO 800 with incredible detail and zip in the noise department.

Try the Hoya Skyscape filter as it really tones down the ambient city light. I just purchased but have been thwarted 3 nights in a row with nasty storms, the MoveShootMove Star Tracker device...it essentially follows the stars so you can shoot 2 minute exposures at ISO 800 with incredible detail and zip in the noise department.

you are reading my mind BD. I just ordered the MSM last night and have been considering a filter.

Keep in mind the filter won't work on 14mm and below. I am going to send you a PM for a link to a FB page of a friend of mine who is using the MSM quite successfully and who has walked me through most of the operations.

Stunning, absolutely stunning.

And I like the one where Bessie wandered into the picture too!

Keep in mind the filter won't work on 14mm and below. I am going to send you a PM for a link to a FB page of a friend of mine who is using the MSM quite successfully and who has walked me through most of the operations.

Is it by focal length or filter thread size? I sometimes shoot with the Samyang 12 mm f/2 or I use the Fuji 14 mm f/2.8. I used the Fuji 16 to 80 for the comet photos and it performs really well although it’s only an F4. Might give it a try for mw some day.

If the lens isn't flat at the end of the barrel, the filter won't fit a curved surface.

I don't think you have to apologize for the light pollution, I enjoyed this very much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back