American Kestrel enjoying the morning sun

Wow, this is stunning, truly! Kestrels are one of my "nemesis" birds; they always manage to elude me, getting JUST close enough for a "meh" shot, but never close enough for anything actually good.

THIS goes way beyond "good."

Wow, this is stunning, truly! Kestrels are one of my "nemesis" birds; they always manage to elude me, getting JUST close enough for a "meh" shot, but never close enough for anything actually good.

THIS goes way beyond "good."

Thank you Sharon. I am in love with Kestrels,,,,but don't tell my hubby :sexywink:

Awesome. Good to see you posting. Was beginning to think you were like Mrs. Jacaranda Bourne...part of a secret gub'ment spying and photo ring or somethin...

Really nice photos especially like number one.

Great Job! Kestrels are very elusive here..

Great Job! Kestrels are very elusive here..

Thank you Kris. We have been very lucky to find several places that are frequented by Kestrels regularly, however where this was taken it is almost a sure bet to see a Kestrel at some point in the morning. On a different note, since you are the Osprey man :) - I was out yesterday and watched an Osprey perched on his pine tree contemplating the fishing. I watched him dive for a fish - but lo' and behold the fish was too big for him to pull out of the water and he floundered. That is all it took! A gang of pelicans came along and stole his fish! Poor Osprey watched as they flew away, and he was left looking like a drowned rat with a look of bewilderment. Unfortunately I clipped his wing in the 2nd photo but I love the look he gives at the end :)

untitled-7 by Jacaranda Photos - Wifey, on Flickr

untitled-2 by Jacaranda Photos - Wifey, on Flickr

untitled by Jacaranda Photos - Wifey, on Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back