American Photo Magazine

Warhorse

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did anybody have a subscription to this now apparently defunct publication?

Their website said that any remaining issues left on your subscription would be filled with double the issues of Popular Photo.

I have yet to receive an issue of Pop Photo, and wonder if anybody else has.

I'm kind of surprised that I was the only subscriber around here to "American Photo" magazine.

I had this happen with a non photo magazine subscription several years ago and I remember it took forever [several months] to get the first issue of the supposed replacement. Then instead of the two years promised, I only received about 6 issues total. There should be a phone number or email address you could use to contact [pop photo] to make sure you will get the promised replacements. Good luck

I subscribed to International Street Photographer and I think that has failed because I've not had the last issue

Magazines seem to be having a tough go of it these days. I used to subscribe to American Photo, some years ago, but let my subscription lapse. Around the time of the digital revolution was my last subscription period, and it was a decent magazine back then. It's weird...I think the development of the mega-aggregator web sites, like 500px, and YouTube's development might have been the final nails in the coffin for magazines like AP...places where the so-called 'best', or most-favorited images rise to the top, so people can have something to look at and imitate, and then YouTube with tons of how-to videos to help people learn the techniques and processing routines that are currently popular. The "web" is now a real "web"...the photo field is well represented and totally wrapped up in the various branches of the world-wide web. The photo magazines have a hard time competing against the depth and breadth of the world-wide web. The world-wide nature means that if some guy hits it big, but he's in Brazil, or Somalia, or Omaha, or Jacarta, it doesn't matter--the pictures get out, world wide, and fast...magazines can't do that, they cannot span the world because they have to pay to do everything...the web is self-promotion, and it's cheap, and instant.

Most reactions

Back