What's new

An All-American Lady

auer1816

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've been living in New Jersey for almost the last two years, which means I've had some great trips into New York City. Several times, I've gone to Liberty Island with visiting family or friends, and I've started a little collection of Liberty shots. I don't know what it is about that statue, but she's very photogenic. Here are a few of my favorites -- and if you're interested in the technical information (shutter speed, aperture, ISO, focal length), just click on the picture. I just wanted to share a few photos since I don't post many photos here, but feel free to comment or critique.







 
Nice shots! I like the third one with the silhouette and the setting sun. I have to go there soon and try to take some of my own!
 
Thanks, It's definitely worth the visit. Lot's to take pictures of, and it's surprisingly not very crowded. It's funny, on the island, not many people get off the walkway and go up on the grass near the base of the statue to get pictures. You can see from my first two shots that I'm not one of those. The other two were taken from the ferry on the ride back home.
 
I like both of the close-ups from below. Nice ones, and so is the silhouette against the sun. She is fotogenic, but then she is not too much the "diva in the studio", either. Will always be there, stay there, have everyone take her photo ... only won't she ever turn, blink, smile, laugh, move, change expression or position, either. But as long as you go around and try to photograph her from every angle ... which you DID. That is good.

I only got a few pics of going past her on the free ferry and back...
 
These are all wonderful, but my personal fave has to be #2, thats just a great shot!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom