an iced glare

AdriaanSteyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
180752054_05f4684968_b.jpg

a friend of mine has this amazing animal with the most gripping glare
took this photo with my Canon 350D

whoa nice eyes! But the picture would be better if you focused on eyes. The eyes are not sharp - only his fur between the eyes is.

thats exactly what i thought, but it was so difficult as he kept on moving, i ended up taking the pic while he was walking directly towards me...

would love to give him a good washdown and re-do this, maybe with a little help from the owner :)

cool shot...... this could be sharpened a little in photoshop...... maybe with a layer mask to just bring out the eyes.....

Also if it were slightly altered, i think it would make a good addition to the dark side gallery :fangs: ......... :mrgreen:

Yeah, I am sure our very own Archangel here would know how to make this icy stare quite, quite "darkside", hm? ;)

A pity about the focus, maybe you should use a smaller aperture next time you get to photograph this dog so you have a deeper DOF and his moving does not matter so much.

Ah well, now I am curious to see what Archie woud make of this to make it "darkside"...

To bad about you not knowing PS well cuase this shot would be so fun to play with. But wow... I understand about not getting them to settle down. I knew a dog with eyes kinda like that and never did get a good shot of them. If you still can.. I would keep trying to get the eyes in focus.

I'd probably do something like this for the dark side gallery........ i'd maybe add an image of a screaming person in the pupils too :mrgreen:

Just enhanced the eye colour........ used curves/levels and the shadow highlight filter on the fur..... and gave it a bit of vig....

wolf2.jpg

Wow, that edit is very effective and dramatic. Turned an already darn cool shot into something fantastic!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back