An untitled thread...

Eightball Walker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I really want some comments on this, I don't know if it works or not and was wondering what you kind, caring people thought...

famous6ov.jpg

It's a nice approach, but perhaps the ambient lighting was a little too dark. Could be a little brighter, a little more ambient lighting from that same corner + behind the camera. Not an expert on lighting but that's what I'd try.

Cool kit! :D

Edit: After looking a little more closely, I would actually tone down the light that's lit and add more light behind the cam. More at an angle. Hard to explain, but the one light is giving off too much light in that corner and not enough around the kit. Hope that helps. Does this sound about right everyone??

I like the lighting, as though it's hidden in a forgotten corner somewhere. The texture of the plaster on the wall by the stairs adds to this feeling, and the little window, in a basement maybe?

The one thing that maybe takes away from this feeling, is the books on the shelves behind the kit. They make the corner less forgotten, more used. But that's just me :) I do like the light, tones and texture of it.

What Matty said. Spot on. It's either too much or too little depending on how you look at it. I'd tend to add another light source on the left, perhaps in a contrasting colour just to cheer it up a bit. Or, if it's gloomy you're going for, then even the other light source out a bit.

Rob

Eightball Walker said:
was wondering what you kind, caring people thought...

I'll answer anyways :lol: :lol:

It's a nice picture. If you have PS I would probably run it through the shadow/highlight thingamajig. I agree about the lighting comments. If you have access to the shot again I would try and hang a bed sheet up behind the kit and throw some colored or regular lighting on that. I would keep the light by the stairs.

I love it ! Really like the tone and how it brings out the beauty of the drum set. The texture detail of the wall in the bg really makes this shot pop, to me.

Killer shot Eightball !

BAH! So many mixed opinions...I'll try to reshoot a little brighter, and the blue glow is from the screensaver an a computer. I'll make sure that's gone, it's really makin me angry...

The main light being on the stairs takes my attention away from the main subject. You might try bouncing a flash off on your hand or an amber colored paper to get the same light shade and feel.

THAT'S IT! I don't know why but that last post really made alot of sense to me, thanks hazel! Maybe because it's midnight and I'm on a wicked caffiene rush, I'm gonna go play some video games. WHOO!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back