And Now, For my 1000th post...

Does anyone else drink coffee black like I do? I find that it doesn't really wake me up otherwise. I think it's the strong bitter taste combined with the caffeine is what does it for me.

ewwie......bitter coffee??? Good strong coffee is meant to smoothed out with thick, room-temperature cream, REAL cream, mind you, and if it's bitter maybe a little bit of sugar stirred in....

A taste sensation, Sir! :love:

I used to add cream and sugar to my coffee but then it didn't wake me up as well. The strong bitter taste really wakes me up. It's like taking a cold shower... the shock to my senses is what really wakes me. :wink:

Perhaps a good clean slap in the face would suffice......

Then you could drink yummy coffee again AND take nice hot shower!

How could this be a bad thing?? All those in favor of *****-slapping Harpper, call aye! :twisted:

You can thank us later, little buddy! :D

Lol. You're too funny terri. :lol: If you forum girls want to slap me then who I am to stop you. I didn't know you cared enough to hurt me. :wink:

So has anyone overdosed on coffee or in other words drank too much in one day? There was this one time when I was dead tired at work and I ended up drinking 2 1/2 cups in under an hour! I usually drink no more than 1 cup a day so that was overkill for me. My hands were actually shaking.

If you forum girls want to slap me then who I am to stop you. I didn't know you cared enough to hurt me.

We only hurt those we love, baby....remember that. :wink:

I've had too much coffee when stuck in stupendously dull meetings, and then had the shakes for the next hour or so. :? It's a terrible thing, and gives caffeine a bad name!!!

Too much coffee?! :shock: No such thing, my friends! 8) Sometimes I think I've fairly caffeine tolerant, I can drink a pot with no problem... of course it became a big problem when I didn't have it! That's why I changed to half-caff. The weird buzzing noise I was starting to get in my ear may have had something to do with it as well...

I can't drink it black, too bitter. Just sugar and it's drinkable, but cream is needed for true yumminess. I'm all for this slapping idea. :twisted:

terri said:
We only hurt those we love, baby....remember that. :wink:
oriecat said:
I'm all for this slapping idea.
:LOL: You girls are too much.

terri said:
I've had too much coffee when stuck in stupendously dull meetings, and then had the shakes for the next hour or so. :? It's a terrible thing, and gives caffeine a bad name!!!
The shakes is such a horrible feeling. I try to avoid it as much as possible. I was so jumpy for those few hours that it was actually pretty funny. My hands were shaking while I was typing and I had a hard time sitting still. :LOL:

oriecat said:
I can drink a pot with no problem...
Wow, that's some tolerance. If I drank that much coffee I wouldn't need my car to commute to work. :wink:

Most reactions

Back