And so it begins.......

I heard about that today and it almost made me sick. The funny part is that they aren't going to fine any stations until up to a year away and won't say now whether they will or not.

That is such a crock of shyte (s'cuse my language, but that's the way it is). Have you heard what those affiliates that do not show 'Ryan' are getting from the network as a replacement? :roll: Eddie Murphy's 'Coming to America' :roll:

its probably one of the single greatest first 20 minutes in film history...every child should be forced to watch it. so they can appreciate what others provided for them.

and on a side note..if you are serving or have served in the military...thank you.

md

We have a tribute to Jimmy Carter and old interviews with Ray Charles on view here tonight. :|

terri said:
We have a tribute to Jimmy Carter and old interviews with Ray Charles on view here tonight. :|

Now that is obscene! :lol:
Any good ideas as to how to get back at the FCC anyone?

mrsid99 said:
terri said:

just get howard stern to take care of it...

md

MDowdey said:
mrsid99 said:
terri said:

just get howard stern to take care of it...

md

bwahahaha!!!!! He fears them no more. :wink:

I watched half of a video of the film the other day and the other half last night. Coincidence? :shock: But lets be honest, it's a crap film isn't it?

But I agree, it should have been aired. All the time other here programs and films are rescheduled or just not shown and the only warning you get is the announcement at the beginning, "tonight's episode of xxxxxx won't be shown today due to recent events". It's bloody annoying and pointless. Just show it and the people who don't want to see any of it can watch the other channels. Most of the time though, it's done to safeguard themselves because you'll have loads of idiots complaining about it being shown.

Too true Ferny. I have a Simpsons episode on tape where Willie is talking about tractors and exclaims: 'they're all CRAP!' It was on Sky the other night and that line had been cut. A few days previous they had shown an episode where Marge says 'I am really pissed off' and that seemed to be OK. I think a tractor manufacturer must have complained.
But it is entirely possible re. the main above conversation that someone who knew someone in the Whitehouse bumped into someone who knew someone in the FCC and made an offhand comment about how an anti-war film might not be the best thing to show just before sending the troops in to Felujah. Tends to make the electorate uncomfortable.
I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I know how Govts. and big business work.
Thank God we have the BBC!

Realizing that no one has died and made me king (yet :eyebrows: ) I will not blast this or any other post for politics anymore. Rather I guess I will attempt to add my levity to the situations best I can.

Now that I have you all in fear of what I might inadvertantly start I offer this . . .

We need less government control and more common sense. Period. Too many whiners are allowed to push politcal correctness to the point of udder insanity. People need to grow up and stop blaming everyone else for being offended, fat, lazy, and dying from chemical substances ect ect. Play the freakin movie. Don't try to make history rosey and nice. War is hell and sometimes needs to happen. I think that this movie is an excelent representation of what price is sometimes paid. To have these networks wussing out, and the FCC trying to protect everyone who is too dumb to leave the TV off or except history for what it actually was is a travesty.

CF,

while i do see your point in this discussion, im trying to figure out why this even should be considered political? i just want everyone here to try there best to not turn a good discussion into a political debate.

that being said, your absolutely right. We need to be less worried about offending and more worried about educating people about the blood that was spilt to hand our younger generations the freedom they take for granted.

md

Oh no no no no! I didn't mean it was political just that it could turn that way. I've done some soul searching in the last few days and sorted out some issues. I think I'm better now :wink:

And I agree with you 110% :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back