And the Holliday's Begin! Disney Yard Art

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to share the project I worked on with the kids this weekend.

It took many hours and patience with the kidos but, I think the end result was worth it and time with the kids PRICLESS!

I have a BG in Animation and been wanting to do this for years. What I did was get some high quality outdoor plywood. I drew the character on the them and used the jigsaw to cut them out. Next we painted them with out door paint..Not so sure if this was the best paint to use as it was thick and hard to paint detail. I thought next time I could use acrylic paint and then do a clear coat on top to protect from sun and rain.. For the tree we drill out 100 wholes and placed the lights in them. I used some wire brackets for them back to mount them to some rebar and Wala….hope you enjoy!

MK by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

This is how I wish it was here in AZ. Still in the 70-80's

MKS by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Last edited:
Those came out great. If you hadn't said anything I would have assumed you bought them like that.

Thanks! I had someone stop by and ask where we bought them from. They thought I bought them from the Disney store or something. When I said I made them they asked If I would be whiling to sell them or make them some….Cool but not sure I want to do this all over again…plus licensing could be an issue...

Excellent! Just a side note.....my dad used to paint pumpins on Halloween for kids using Disney characters and what we understood was that it was ok to give them away but you couldn't sell them because of the Disney thing. Anyway, excellent art work....the kids must have been thrilled and the envy of their friends!

You did an excellent job! I bet your kids loved getting to spend the time with you as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back