And the next shot is...

When I went into the images all I saw was blurred or out of focus photo's, It may be art but, sorry, I just don't get it. I spent too long teaching myself to take reasonably crisp images to keep the out of focus blurry ones.
Like many types of photography, this isn’t for everyone definitely. It’s like selective color, or a vignette. For me, it gives a feeling of dreams or maybe just an unclear memory not quite in focus when you try to recall it.

Like many types of photography, this isn’t for everyone definitely. It’s like selective color, or a vignette. For me, it gives a feeling of dreams or maybe just an unclear memory not quite in focus when you try to recall it.
Not to pile on, but a soft focus filter can be useful for portraits, particularly in wedding photography when you want that bride to glow. Or exaggerating a misty landscape.

There are all kinds of ways to play with it. @Terrier, just for fun pick a favorite lens and buy a cheap, not over the top soft focus filter and try it in various ways. You might discover why it's a nice addition to your kit in certain instances. :)

And now back to our regularly scheduled Next shot, which I think left off at llama or alpaca....

Get a piece of glass (tape the edges to keep from getting cut), or an old UV filter, and smear on a thin coat of petroleum jelly. Another way is shoot through a piece of stocking or pantyhose. Stretch it over the lens or in a cheap embroidery hoop.

Roller Coaster by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

The next shot is a llama or alpaca
6B102F0D-AE24-4AFA-94B8-505E8C97C125.jpeg

And the next is ice cream

A rather wet and stormy afternoon was briefly illuminated in bright sunshine between showers, the afternoon sun was briefly reflecting off of the cross of the local Anglican church about 500 mtrs away. This "Golden Light" only lasted just long enough to get the one shot before the sun slid back behind the clouds. Huon Valley, Tasmania.

A Shining Cross.jpg

The next photo is of "laughter".

I laughed at this.. Big Luke and Collie ... Collie won...... next shot a frame in a frame
DSC_0219 (2).JPG

Most reactions

Back