...and then on to Kimmeridge

flyingseale

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At one time it looked like the sunset was going to be spectacular, and all of a sudden it wasn't. Still, the sky lit up just enough to make it worthwhile. When we left there wasn't much beach left due to the very high tide created as the Sun, the Earth and the Moon lined up. So the usual fingers of rock extending into the sea are hidden :grumpy:

Mike

Kimmeridge-HDR1.jpg

Kimmeridge-HDR2.jpg

Kimmeridge-HDR3.jpg

Kimmeridge-HDR4.jpg

Kimmeridge-HDR5.jpg

2 and 4 are the best, but 3 needs to be straightened a bit.

I love how surreal and fake it looks.

are they ever going to finish that Tower?
been there twice this year and not once was there a break in the clouds
1, 2 & 4 for me

Well, the sunset did give you SOME colours in the end which come out nicely in Photo 2. I like that one very much, along with the dreamy, foggy water on the rounded and smooth stones in Photo 4.

Hasn't someone on here said that one step further into Photomatix will still offer you the service for free but you no longer have to bear with their watermarks? I never went that additional step, though... felt it wasn't worth it with the poor results my tripod gave me (you know ...).

Thanks for looking. And the CC is very welcome.

In my reply in the Blue pool thread http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=762995&postcount=9
I point out how I've made some errors along the way, but learnt from them. Here, I did not bother to straighten or crop or do anything in photoshop other than add the border. Also, I've used the basic jpegs instead of the RAW files just to speed up the processing. This is because it seems silly to commit time to improving an image that has a watermark on it. But I know that once I have the license I'll go back and use the RAW files and hopefully create some stunning images.

Mike

Having got the s/w license I decided to redo image 2 using the raw files and then a bit of pp in photoshop. Here's the result.

BTW, I just popped over to potm. Thanks for the nomination Lostprophet.

HDR9756framed-800.jpg

Some nice images here, and good use of slower shutter speeds. 4 and 5 are my faves.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back