And to You Good Day!

chrisbattista

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. My name is Christopher Battista. I am a photographer from metro Atlanta GA. I started shooting around 4 years ago with a friend doing mostly concert photography, abandoned bildings and any pretty thing that would grace me with her smile(or any other part of her). I now have more than a few paid gigs under my belt and have my work on multiple artists albums in international markets, and More on the way.

Just a few months back I reached a level of personal satisfaction I didn't think I ever would. Hired to shoot an album cover with only a description of concept, I designed my set, arranged my lights, guestimated my outputs, put rough setting in camera(I shoot only full manual and don't have a light meter) posed my model and "FLASH"... I looked on that screen for what felt like 20 minutes before realizing I didn't need another, it was everything I saw in my head, and my client confirmed it's what they envisioned as well. Of course I took 50 more shots anyway, sent them 20 for proofs, but their final decision landed unanimously on my first shot. I knocked it clear out of the park.

I tell this story because Ive had a bit of cognitive dysfunction following that shoot. Im having a hard time accepting my own feeling, that i am a successful artist. What i do know is that im energized, and motivated from it. Ive decide to pursue some year old concepts i have for series, and my first concept shoot went amazing! yet I still feel like I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I intend to try and get gallery placement with this series. They will be my first ever "prints".. it would be a nasty failure on the back feeling like such success as a an artist.

I dont know what will come of my ventures over the next year. I'm here for the purpose to stay excited and motivated, Meet some influential people, and hopefully be one to someone else.

But enough about me...

Howdy! It is nice when feeling all these excitement with what you do. Just treat failures as stepping stones.

Most reactions

Back