Animal Pictures

HorsePoornBigSky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some pictures I've taken of animals. I love to photograph dogs, cats and horses. I still need lots of practice but it's a work in progress. Thank you for looking. Any tips and advice is apperciated. Thank you again.

Annie, Border Collie (First time shooting in black and white)
AnnieBlackanWhite.jpg

Patches, Border Collie
Patchessmiling.jpg

Patches
Patchesblackandwhite.jpg

Cissy
Cissy-1.jpg

Sage
SageHeadd.jpg

Sassy
Sassy.jpg

Sassy
Sassy2.jpg

Whiner
Whiner2.jpg

Really like the cat ones. Expecially the first one.

But with the dog ones their eyes are too dark. Not sure what could be done, some sort of flash to reflect off their eyes maybe? Dont think a dog would like that too much.

I really like the first cat photo, what a great look!

I like the horse photos. The angles are good. Too bad the whole horse isn't on them.

i don't like how they are all centered, would of liked to see a little more on the side, overall very crisp clean photos

Its funny scrolling through the pics, each and every one has the same exact composition.. .subject dead center, looking straight on.

They are technically alrite it seems. Just think you could have more fun with it and move away from the dead center stuff.

Thank you for the comments. So I should off center the photos more. Never really try to put them dead center. Though the horses the bodies aren't suppose to be there. lol They are just head shots and not conformation shots. :D

The hores Sage has a beautiful face! And I love the cat photos as well.

You might want to re-consider the size and colour and opacity of your watermark/copyright ... a red copyright in a black&white photo is a no-go for me... Takes away HEAPS from the photos as such.

What needed to be said about the composition of your photos has already been said.

Thank you. Actually the copyright I wanted like that because I post my pictures on another forum that has younger folks that tend to kind of "borrow" the pictures. So I all I do is add text to discourage anyone from "borrowing".

pretty cool.

they all seem to be smiling! :) my dog doesn't even look at me when i try to take a shot.

Well, I liked these photos, but I agree that some more tweaking would make them jump from just this side of ho-hum to pretty dang good.

You might be able to correct the composition of some of these by going back to raw and cropping better, but I disagree that all of them don't work with the centering of the subject; the cats, for instance, but they need to be sharper. The dogs: a tighter crop and more light. I flash in the faces of all kinds of animals. Take advantage of the initial interest in the flash...you can get some great shots before they get used to the pop.

But the copyright...really bad. It takes away from your photos...it makes them a little...amateurish, I think. Why don't you try adding a border and placing the copyright info there. It would sure make your photos look more professional in my opinion.

More horses! Love 'em.

Most reactions

Back