Annoying Firefox quirk

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I use Firefox, and I generally love it, but something weird is going on.. Many times when I click on Bookmarks to bring down the list of bookmarks in order to navigate to one of them, Firefox, instead of bringing down the list, bookmarks the page I'm on. If I hit cancel and click on Bookmarks again, the list pops up. Anyone else having this problem? It does this on both my laptop and my desktop.

Last edited:
I use Firefox and love it. It beats IE hands down.
I've never had a problem as you have described though.

No, never seen that one and I've used firefox for years :\

Is it possible your mouse is sticking, so when you click bookmarks it actually clicks the first choice (bookmark this page)?

No, never seen that one and I've used firefox for years :\

Is it possible your mouse is sticking, so when you click bookmarks it actually clicks the first choice (bookmark this page)?

I guess anything is possible, but I'm using two different mouses on two different computers.

Dunno then. That's a new one to me :(

I've had Firefox for a few years now and gone through lots of versions in that time, never had that problem though.

Do you have the latest version and has the problem persisted through different versions or only the one you have now?

I've had Firefox for a few years now and gone through lots of versions in that time, never had that problem though.

Do you have the latest version and has the problem persisted through different versions or only the one you have now?

I've also used it for years, but this is a new problem for me.. Funny thing, though, when it bookmarks the page and the box pops up asking where you want the bookmark placed, as soon as I cancel that box and click on bookmarks, it works normally with the list of bookmarks popping down.. Never once has it repeated the quirk twice in a row..

Has anyone tried the new Google Chrome browser?

Some people were talking about Chrome on this forum a while back. I think the concensus was that it's fast, but still quite buggy. I haven't tried it, I'm happy with Firefox.

I would say, if the problem continues, just uninstall it and re-install fresh.

I loved firefox until the last release,.. version 3. Started resizing graphics and generally made web pages looked aliased & crappy, perhaps because of my large fonts.

Reverted to version 2 where I'm staying for now.

-Shea

With all the Apple users, I'm surprised no one mentioned Safari. Any Safari users lurking about?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back