Another Day

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went camping with a group a couple weeks ago.

I woke up before dawn, stoked up the fire for the sleepy-heads and took a walk with my camera.

732-5x7-1891.jpg

I returned in time for ~bacon~ and a potluck breakfast of sorts. We went out and studied some geological and paleontological wonderments and went up to a an abandoned silver mine named the War Eagle for lunch.

732-5x7-j1940.jpg

After the rest of the class split off to cram themselves into the crowded Sunday evening freeway traffic I decided to stay in the desert another night and enjoyed a sunset at the marsh near the hot springs.

732-5x7-j1966.jpg

Another very mellow and enjoyable day.

What a beautiful area....wow!

Your last image here is absolutely stunning. That skyline is surreal...almost looks hand-colored. :lol:

Thanks for sharing.

Yes i would also have to say that the last one is the best. The way the mountains are colored orange is atonishing.

What a beautiful area....wow!

Your last image here is absolutely stunning. That skyline is surreal...almost looks hand-colored. :lol:

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Terri. The basin is so strangely colored throughout the day, then at sunset it just goes wild.

Yes i would also have to say that the last one is the best. The way the mountains are colored orange is atonishing.

Thanks. It seemed like the sunset just didn't stop. I had shot a few several minutes before a couple miles away, I thought it was over. I can't wait to go back. Maybe in January.

The last one is so beautiful! Amazing job!

Thanks!

I love number 3. I personally would probably cut away the bottom 10% .. or the bottom half... but that is just my taste for more landscape-ish formats with such scenes ;)

#2 has a nice colour contrast between sky and foreground.

I like all of your desert shots. I want to return some day to that part of the country and spend a lot of time exploring and photographing.

I love number 3. I personally would probably cut away the bottom 10% .. or the bottom half... but that is just my taste for more landscape-ish formats with such scenes ;)

#2 has a nice colour contrast between sky and foreground.

Thanks Alex. I like the texture under the water, but interesting concept.

I like all of your desert shots. I want to return some day to that part of the country and spend a lot of time exploring and photographing.

Thank you. I've turned into a total addict. I'm hoping in the next three weeks to spend about 7-8 of those days out there.

Beautiful stuff. I love the light in them all. Makes me wish I was a morning person :)

Thanks Lyncca. Right now it's like 14 hours between sunset and sunrise. A body can only lay in the back of the truck so long when camping.

Thank you Jeff.

Beautiful series. Im undecided between the first and last as my faves. All three are worthy of a frame tho. Well done Sir.

Oh I likes... Number 2 reminds me of the movie "The Hills Have Eyes", great color.

Question, Wants at the bottom of the lake it looks like rock or mud... Do you know?

Hi, the first two I thought what great skies but the third - the light WOW!

graham

Beautiful series. Im undecided between the first and last as my faves. All three are worthy of a frame tho. Well done Sir.

Oh I likes... Number 2 reminds me of the movie "The Hills Have Eyes", great color.

Question, Wants at the bottom of the lake it looks like rock or mud... Do you know?

Hi, the first two I thought what great skies but the third - the light WOW!

graham

It's so pretty out there lately. I'm going to head out again in an hour or so, but not so far (these are about 150 miles from my house).

The texture under the water is very soft mud. When things are dry the water evaporates and the area turns into a dry lake bed. Usually it's dry, but there was a rain the night before and the hot springs to the left of the photo overflowed with the runoff.

Most reactions

Back