Another Family Fall Session C&C please and thanks

CorrieMichael

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$IMG_1600classicfilmteatime50.jpg$IMG_1616edit1classicfilmbw.jpg$IMG_1657edit1classicfilmteatime50sunflare.jpg$IMG_1678classicfilmteatime50.jpg$IMG_1749vintspringsunflare.jpg$IMG_1819classicfilm50rosyglowbwchamphaze.jpg$IMG_1842envy.jpg$IMG_1862edit1classicfilm50teatime50bwfilm.jpg

I think they are all really good, except for one thing... The close up of the little girl in #2, the eyes look REALLY freaky. I think the processing is either overdone, or not done properly on them. Over all, wonderful pictures.

I agree with grapnell...if you fix the eyes, that photo will be just as great as the others...

Way too many images for which to provide detailed C&C, however I'll touch on some high points (in future, 4 images max pls, and number them).

1. Something seems a little off with the skin-tones & WB, but I can't say for sure. Watch the crop- bits of toes & feet missing. Was this really the best background you could find???

2. Wonderful expressionl; go either portrait or square, and again watch the background. Those lines are very distracting.

3. Flare is a personal taste, but not my taste.

4. Crop - you've cut her fingers off, fill needed camera left.

5. Nice - a shame about the tree growing out of her head.

6. Your camera will work when turned 90 degrees counter-clockwise. Really, it will! ;) Drop the exposure & contrast down just a bit.

7. Crop - top of the head missing on pink-striped-shirt gilr.

8. WHY did you crop the heart and leave all that dead space image right?

Overall, they're not bad assuming that this was not a paid shoot. Your WB is all over the place, and your crops & compositions need some work. Keep practicing!

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I think your post processing is getting in the way of some of your images. In #1 and #4 your white balance is off which can cause your skin tones to look super wonky. I like #2 but you went overboard on your eye enhancement. The composition on #2 needs to be tweaked a bit as well. I like #3 because I like lens flare but I would have cloned out the spots directly on her face because they can be distracting. #5 looks OOF and her feet are chopped off. Love #6 if she was composed with the rule of thirds. The bokeh is beautiful on that one. #7 is cute. #8 looks like some of the image is missing just because of the way it is composed with half of the heart missing and the little girls hands being chopped a bit.

Thank you I appreciate all of the input. Sorry for too many pictures....just eager to learn how to get my images at a higher level.....will only post 4 from now on....guess I should have read the rules! Will start turning my camera 90degrees! ;) Will fix the eyes.....also wondering if there is any reading or informative web sites that would be good for me to read through re: white balance. Thanks, Corrie

The four image "rule" isn't a rule, but rather a guideline for those who want detailed C&C. It actually takes some time... up to five minutes per image, to really go through and provide the best critique, so even at four images, that can be up to 20 minutes of someone's time.

White Balance

You clipped a hand and some feet. Other then that really nice.

Most reactions

Back