Another First Wedding!

Hardrock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I was never really interested in shooting a wedding I was just fine hunting bugs. But my cousin was getting married and her sisters husband was going to photograph it and he asked me if I would help. I was pretty reluctant but actually had a great time and have a NEW respect for wedding photographers. It is not nearly as easy as it may seem. I basically tagged along as the second shooter using a 50D with 135 f2 , 40d with 50 f1.4 and a Rebel xt with 17-40 f4. The main shooter had a 5d mkII with 70-200 f2.8 and a 40d with 35 f1.4. We also had a couple of flashes. Here are a few from the wedding and would love to hear what you guys think. All of the images are mine and he does not have any of his ready for viewing.I shot the wedding in raw and I am still editing photos but if you would like to see more you can see them at Zenfolio | Harrison Photography | Megan and Bryans Wedding . Thanks!

edit: the images appear soft from the downsizing for web and look better on zenfolio.

mb26web.jpg

mb25web.jpg

mb24web.jpg

mb23web.jpg

mb22web.jpg

mb19web.jpg

mb12web.jpg

mb5copyweb.jpg

mb1web.jpg

Last edited:
The little girl sitting on the bridge is adorable!!

VERY Nice,
Few points on exposure... underexpose the back and expose the front = underexpose your sky (you'll get nice blue sky) and expose your subject --> you get a balance of two worlds and it'll look great.
since you shot raw, take a brush and drop the exposure on the sky - see how it looks...
good luck

The photos of the young girl would probably look great in B&W.

I stopped by Zenfolio. You did okay.

#4 is not particularly flattering to the bride

I really like the shot of the little girl on the bridge. Otherwise, these are alright. As said above, drop the exposure in the background.

Thanks everyone for the honest comments thats why I posted here. Family and friends dont give very helpful advice and tend to love all of them. I shot manaul so I could try and make sure I exposed the face and dress/tux properly. Any other advice or suggestions would be great!

Bump for more feedback. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back