What's new

Another Flower.... C&C please

BuS_RiDeR

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 29, 2009
Messages
2,355
Reaction score
83
Location
Riverview, New Brunswick, Canada.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Be gentle... I'm not a pro. :)

Curious... This picture looked sharp and clear through my viewfinder.
But when I see it on my computer, it looks a bit soft.

What do you think of the composition? Is it otherwise ok?

======================================================

Taken with Canon 50D with 18-85mm kit lens using Av set to 4.0...

Is it just me? Is it actually soft? or do I need to re-calibrate my monitor?

Flower.jpg
 
The yellow seems a little harsh on the eyes. Is is my monitor?

I think it would be a little nicer if you werent looking down on the daffodils. Maybe more on their level. The bottom ones petals being clipped off distracts me.

I like how you have all the yellow in a diagonal, though. :)
 
Soft, yes - nothing is in focus. Yellow I find hard to get sharp without under-exposing.

In this example I used -1/3 exposure compensation & perhaps if I would have used more it would have been better.


P1020422sm.jpg
 
Thanks Ron. When it stops raining here I'm going to take a few more shots to see if I can do better.
 
Its definately soft. And having your monitor calibrated has nothing to do with softness of your shots. Also, there is no exif data so we do not know what shutter speed you were at. Perhaps it looked sharp, but there was a breeze and you had too slow of a shutter speed and you caught some movement of the flowers right as you pressed the shutter. Maybe you had some camera shake. Maybe the "diopter" adjuster on your view finder is out of whack. Is this the only shot that turned out unexpectedly blurry, or are all your shots like this? There is a lot of left out info that could help us to help you more accurately.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom