Another from my sons birthday shoot

allison_dcp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay..... so after the first session, all your advice, and a nap(my son not me) I was able to give it another shot. Instead of using my on-camera flash with a made bouncer I used my old Vivitar mounted flash. I hate using it though b/c the recyle takes literally 30 seconds. WDYT? Same settings as before, also in manual setting with the flash aimed around 60*. $IMG_9065 -1.jpg I still havent fixed the wrinkles b/c I have to figure out how.

Move him further from the backdrop. This is much better than the first one! The chair either needs to be IN the picture or NOT in the picture.

Much better with the lighting. Dont like that chair and I still would work on the background. Its on easy fix. If you want I'll do it for u.

The chair is a prop...a classic toddler prop...it gives scale AND it keeps the kid in the posing spot and it is the anchor for the balloons--literally, the ANCHOR for the balloons. Blue chair=boy baby...it's a much more-traditional and well-accepted prop than the stupid piano bench in the middle of the street trope the MWACs are trotting out...but I agree--the chair ought to be pulled closer to him, and not be stuck there on the edge of the frame. Move the chair very,very close to him.

The lighting on this shot has much more direction than in the first shot posted earlier today. I think this lighting pattern is better, by far, than the earlier one. I still dislike that wrinkled fake fabric "wall" behind him...but in this shot it looks marginally better than in the first shot.

Much better with the lighting. Dont like that chair and I still would work on the background. Its on easy fix. If you want I'll do it for u.
If you would like that would be awesome! Also could you tell me how its done :sexywink:. I've tried all I can think of.

The chair is a prop...a classic toddler prop...it gives scale AND it keeps the kid in the posing spot and it is the anchor for the balloons--literally, the ANCHOR for the balloons. Blue chair=boy baby...it's a much more-traditional and well-accepted prop than the stupid piano bench in the middle of the street trope the MWACs are trotting out...but I agree--the chair ought to be pulled closer to him, and not be stuck there on the edge of the frame. Move the chair very,very close to him.

Yea my mom had the chair. He kept pushing it around the floor like a lawn mower, there was minimal tolerance for sitting in it!

Most reactions

Back