Another gig

Not my cup of tea, however, i do like the slow shutter speed in the last picture :)

I like the second one a lot.

I'd crop a trifle off the left edge (not to square, I like some space there, but squarer)and burn down the head of that bass (?) so it doesn't dominate the main guy. But there's some really nice repetition of forms here, great balance of light and dark, and the scene itself has a kind of completely wild intensity.

Thanks all :) Yeah the 2nd one is actually one of my favourite shots ever... the expression and action. I usually don't use my 50mm alot at these shows because I can never balance the flash light nicely but I liked that one.
The vocalist had some great expressions

These are really cool. I really like the 2nd one the best.

Not really sure what the gendre is, but in #s 2 & 3 he looks to me like he's vomiting.

Not sure if ignorant towards different genres of music, or funny comment. But I found it funny. Look up some hardcore and you will hear and see why it may look like that to you

Not really sure what the gendre is, but in #s 2 & 3 he looks to me like he's vomiting.

dont worry, quite a bit of that genre of music SOUNDS like they are vomiting too. :lol:
(not sure on this group obviously, i have no idea who they are)

the two dudes about to make out in #1 Is the best shot in my opinion. i like the framing, the slightly elevated view, and the bit of crowd reaction in the background.

Last edited:
Not sure if ignorant towards different genres of music, or funny comment. But I found it funny. Look up some hardcore and you will hear and see why it may look like that to you
Ignorant in the literal sense, yes. I have no knowledge of this type of music and was making a genunine observation; it wasn`t meant to be funny.

I may be one of the relatively few old guys here, who's into music and enjoys elements of almost any genre. The odd time that I am able to - I love being able to shoot these types of gigs. I also know the difficulty in capturing good images and getting decent lighting in such intimate venues as well. Good job.

---

Most reactions

Back