another lens? and more

ultraspeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a few questions one is what lenses will i need to photo cars that are moving quick and also setup in a photo station? and what equipment will i need in my shop to make great indoor shooting of RC cars and Full size cars? I will also be shooting a lot of houses and indoor pics of these houses.. thanks any help will be great! the only lens i currently own is a 50mm f1.8.. looking to get into photography very deeply so any thoughts or things i should read would be great!

This question is really hard to answer whenever it's asked. Also, because the question is very open, you will get as many different answers as responders.

You already have a decent camera, not the latest or greatest but decent none the less, and a well regarded lens. Might I suggest a flash you can use off camera and some white poster board you can use as reflectors and then start photographing the subjects you've listed. Only then, I think, will you be able to yourself decide what you need. But you'll also be able to come to the forum with some specific questions accompanied by photo examples when necessary. At that time you will find an impressive depth of knowledge lurking in these halls.

Other members may have different advice to give right now, and that's OK too.

For indoor pics of houses you'll want an ultra-wide. 14mm or wider for APS sized sensor, 20mm or wider for full frame.

Ultra-wides are great for shots of cars as well (as long as they're standing still). For moving full sized cars a 200 or 300mm zoom is a good choice.

This question is really hard to answer whenever it's asked. Also, because the question is very open, you will get as many different answers as responders.

You already have a decent camera, not the latest or greatest but decent none the less, and a well regarded lens. Might I suggest a flash you can use off camera and some white poster board you can use as reflectors and then start photographing the subjects you've listed. Only then, I think, will you be able to yourself decide what you need. But you'll also be able to come to the forum with some specific questions accompanied by photo examples when necessary. At that time you will find an impressive depth of knowledge lurking in these halls.

Other members may have different advice to give right now, and that's OK too.

This sums it up!

Added to this: maybe a wide angle zoom lens, flashguns and different types of tripods.

Good luck and post up pics!

Most reactions

Back