What's new

Another New Forum Member

krbimaging

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 8, 2014
Messages
79
Reaction score
22
Location
Surprise, AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings to all of you. I have been a Photography hobbyist since 1977. Started out with a Kodak instamatic and the age of 11. At 13 I then inherited an old Olympus Rangefinder. When I started Highschool I signed up for Photography classes. I worked hard and bought my Canon AE-1 Program with a 50mm 1.4 lens. I learned the art of working in a Darkroom and was lucky enough to take two years of classes in Highschool. The cost of processing was always an issue for me at that time in my life. I joined the Military and picked up various items for my Kit. My last film camera I bought was a Canon A-1. Canon left me feeling burned after they made the lens switch to the new autofocus systems. This left my investment of lenses obsolete I sold all my Canon gear.

Then it happened.. I had a family and pretty much stopped Hobby shooting.

As Digital Cameras began to emerge I bought into them. I picked up a Sony DSC-F1 digital it had a resolution of 640x480. LOL...There have been various versions of Rangefinder digital cameras I have bought. Then I bought a Nikon D-70S. I had abused that camera for several years and enjoyed it. Last year I decided to jump back into the artistic side a little more. I re-invested heavily into Canon after reading all kinds of reviews and I decided their system was what I wanted. I finally have gotten over the burned feeling I had from Canon but it took 20+years. I bought a 5Dmk3, several lenses and various equipment. I also invested in Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 5.

So now I am jumping back into the world of Photography with both feet. I hope I can contribute here as well as learn from you folks.
 
Welcome to the site. Look forward to seeing your work.
 
I have only had the new gear a couple months, every night I am tinkering with things learning how to use it. On my last few weekends I have been out shooting subjets I like. So hopfully soon I can start learning the processing side of Photoshop CS 6. I used Photoshop up to CS1 then stopped for a while.
 
There are a ton of video's on youtube to help you learn cs6 and LR5. Also, you can check out Kelbyone.com, this is a pay site but they are VERY good at teaching photoshop, lightroom and phototgraphy.
 
Welcome to the site. I look forward to seeing pictures from you. May I ask when you were in the military. My dad was in Vietnam and he took his footlocker of photography gear with him. When it was shipped back, it never made it home. He still doesn't know what happened to his. I'm so glad you were able to keep yours. He hasn't touched a camera since. :(
PS: I have no clue how to use photoshop either, so you aren't alone. lol. We can learn together. :)
 
Welcome from a former military guy.
This place is active and interesting, like going into a big dance hall.
Step right in, post pictures and enjoy yourself.
(my escalation in cameras was pretty much like yours except I went from D70 to bigger Nikons, now at m 4/3)

My suggestion is that, when yous tart posting pictures, you allow editing; it is much more enlightening to see subtle changes than try to understand a text description of them.

Lew
 
Welcome to the site.
 
Hello and welcome to the forum Ken!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom