paxye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
paxye.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone :)

I am new around these parts but I have been reading and loving it here!

I am in Quebec... did some photography in college... a few classes, darkroom, shot for the school newspaper etc... Then did portrait photography in a studio for about 6 years.... (not too sure that counts as photography at times though :lol:)

Then I became a full time mom... and I went digital for the convenience....

Canon A40... then G6.... then G9...

but as I upgraded I drooled over what I wanted but couldn't deal with costs at those moments... but now I need more and we have a bit extra at the moment so for my birthday (and forfeiting every gift recieving occasion for the next year) I decided that I want a DSLR... it is in the mail as I type...

a Pentax k20d...with the kit lens and a Tamron 18-250mm lens and a flash...

My SLR in College was a Pentax and I guess my decision was nostalgic in many ways but I wanted a camera that I wouldn't grow out of in a few months...

Anyway... I take pics of what pleases me... the kids... scenery... food that I make (I put recipes up on my blog with pics) etc... I am also leaving in a few weeks to go to BC on a trip so I am going to be taking a lot of pics out there also...

Here is a link to some of my fav pics... (not all the best but the ones that mean something to me)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paxye/sets/72157594172354126/

and a few here for those who don't want to click :wink:

2163793800_60d061c8f8.jpg

98495049_3c9f450f11.jpg

152738275_c8f578164c.jpg

525741088_55471b7d61.jpg

1353488504_0ddf5133d0.jpg

Man!! The last picture make me hungry ....

Earlier today I saw a picture of a smiling blue eyed baby posted here (or maybe I was hallucinating?)
That picture was the cutest thing ever ^^

Earlier today I saw a picture of a smiling blue eyed baby posted here (or maybe I was hallucinating?)
That picture was the cutest thing ever ^^

Is he not still there? I see him :confused:

Thanks btw.... that is my youngest :)

and the Sushi... yes... I make some every week... and it tastes better than it looks ;)

If I am not mistaken, and I often am, your old Pextax lens will work on your Pentax dSLR. Welcome and post lots of baby pictures. Thee are several Photog Moms on here who will help you grow as a photographer. And don't give up on film. Thats what us old timers shote and we do not lose much to the youngsters.
Judge Sharpe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back