Another picture of my gorgeous girlfriend

john3eblover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.xanga.com
so by now you are all probably sick of my pictures of her, but she is pretty I think, and i like taking pictures of her. This one was another one for my class, taken a while ago. She's on a meri-go-round (sp?) kind of thing, spinning, hence the blur. ( I was supposed to take a picture of someone in focus with the background blurred ). So anyway, here it is, rip me apart.

katherine_4x6_small.jpg

I should take up a class like this, these assignments sound like alot of fun!

I am wondering if the assignment was to use a smaller aperature to blur the background, rather than having the background blurred by movement. Nonetheless great intuitiveness, and great picture.

I can see why you would want to take a lot of pictures of her,she is indeed very beautiful and photogenic! however this shot looks a little grainy, i'm sure this can be corrected using "photoshop" to despeckle and sharpen up, as these are not major flaws, as for clarkkents advice on aperture settings, you will need a larger aperture to blur the background not a smaller one, i think he might have meant small f/stop...

the picture is grainy due to a horrible scanner. No, the assignment was to use a slower shutter speed and have the subject in focus, and the background moving - hence a blurred background. I think i achieved that, at least the background looks moving to me. We had other assignments using aperature to affect depth of focus though.

Most reactions

Back