Another seamless paper attempt: CC please!

Reyna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so my last attempt with shooting indoor using seamless paper, I got a ton of shadows. I just pulled my subjects forward, further from the backdrop, used a higher iso, and ta da, it worked! Would love some cc of my boys!

2qaqsd5.jpg

2ma4yh.jpg

Honestly i am too new to this to make a critique. But i will say i do love #1 But # 2 i am not keen on at all.

Very cute little boy too.

Idk what kind of post processing you did to make the face that way, I'm guessing some sort of blur, but it looks horrible, hes like 8 for peet's sake, why are you making his skin look like a model?

Idk what kind of post processing you did to make the face that way, I'm guessing some sort of blur, but it looks horrible, hes like 8 for peet's sake, why are you making his skin look like a model?

Personally I don't mind it I have edited some of my kids like this. It is only a photo. It is a personal preference to what you like. Everyone has thier own style.
I have never tried seemless paper but would love to. I need a neverending supply of money for photography equipment and supplies. :lol:

Personally I don't mind it I have edited some of my kids like this. It is only a photo. It is a personal preference to what you like. Everyone has thier own style.
I have never tried seemless paper but would love to. I need a neverending supply of money for photography equipment and supplies. :lol:

I guess.. but personally I find it disheartening you already feel like his skin isn't smooth enough for your tastes. If you look at his hands, I'm not sure if thats a shutter speed problem or a blur problem or a bit of the two (first picture), but seems extremely unnatural and I can't quite find the word but I'm *embarrassed* you feel you have to blur the skin of someone that appears under 10.

And I'm not quite sure why the second photo is on here to be honest. It's blurry, poor pose and he is blinking.

Yeah, I agree, to each his own! I knew someone was going to comment on the skin smoothing, but I like it.

Anyway, any better?

b49oxz.jpg

I guess.. but personally I find it disheartening you already feel like his skin isn't smooth enough for your tastes. If you look at his hands, I'm not sure if thats a shutter speed problem or a blur problem or a bit of the two (first picture), but seems extremely unnatural and I can't quite find the word but I'm *embarrassed* you feel you have to blur the skin of someone that appears under 10.

And I'm not quite sure why the second photo is on here to be honest. It's blurry, poor pose and he is blinking.

I understand I don't do it to all of my kids picture just a few to play with them. I think that maybe the blur could be from him moving his hands.
Not sure though. I am new at all of the PP stuff just learning I am in a class right now that will really help me.

Trying to get a toddler to hold still for even a second is very difficult. At least my two. Yes, his hands are moving and I wanted to convey that, otherwise, I would have cropped it differenty :). That is his personality, he is very active.

No need to feel 'embarrassed' for me b/c that's the style I like. Like I said, to each his own.

Oh, and the second pic is in there b/c it was the only one I took of my 4 yr old and I didn't want to leave him out..... if that makes any since whatsoever! Just a mommy thing maybe :)

Last edited:

Trying to get a toddler to hold still for even a second is very difficult. At least my two. Yes, his hands are moving and I wanted to convey that. That is his personality, he is very active.

No need to feel 'embarrassed' for me b/c that's the style I like. Like I said, to each his own.

I totally understand I have three kids they are all movers. my son was the busiest. They are all getting older now Ashley 14 Austin 11 and Alexis 8.

Most reactions

Back