another sensor cleaning post

Discussion in 'Mirrorless Cameras' started by paigew, Mar 19, 2021.

1. SquarePeg

SquarePeg hear me roar Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have something in my center that has resisted cleaning. I’ve tried several times and it just won’t come off. It has been there for years and is only visible with open sky pics as it’s in the top left of the screen. It could be a tiny scratch. Tried again yesterday and no luck. I out a significant amount of pressure and went over it several times and it is still there. I may take it for a pro cleaning at Hunts. Or I may continue to ignore it. anyone have any experience where YOU couldn’t get it but a camera store person was successful?

2. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
  3. JBPhotog

JBPhotog No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have never taken my cameras to a store for cleaning, I do it myself with the proper tools. Some spots are stubborn and different fluids can be beneficial.

I recommend a sensor loupe that has enough LED’s to illuminate the sensor from various angles. This provides shadows around the particulate for easier viewing. It will also assist in determining if it is gunk or a scratch.

FWIW, I bought a Fuji XT-1 when they first came out as a light travel system and it had a big dust particle that I only determined with a sensor loupe was under the sensor glass. So much for quality control, I sold off the entire Fuji system and never looked back.

• Like Like x 1
  4. paigew

paigew Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I cleaned it!! I was so nervous, my hand was super shaky :( but in the end it was really easy; thank you for the advice and encouragement! My camera still works! yay!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. JBPhotog

JBPhotog No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Excellent!