Another Sister Shoot! 6 for CC

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i had to get my d7000 replaced due to a bad shutter mechanism and I just got it about an hour before I set this shoot up. sorry for there being 6, there are more, but I just picked a few I like. CC always welcome

oqwz6s.jpg

2r5t8xd.jpg

2akbwbr.jpg

dc60lw.jpg

2rwpc1x.jpg

my favorite of the shoot:
2h6sidx.jpg

2,5,6 the crop looks off. Most of it looks like an ordinary pose. #2 looks a bit soft, #3 the girl on the left looks to be out of focus. #1 I would crop the bottom more and leave more on top but the best out of the bunch IMO. They dont' seem very natural. How was the situation? Were they uncomfortable or is it their first photoshoot? They're cute sister though

Last edited:
I agree with Raian. They looked quite conscious about the camera pointing towards them.....i think the first thing a photographer needs to do is make your model(s) feel comfy and at home so they can give out amazing shots

The first one looks good with the more natural look to them. The rest it looks like they were constipated and needed to go but would not ask... Definitely work on putting your models at ease. There was some kind of something going on and your photos suffered because of it.

They were fine in between shots but whenever the camera was pointed at them, they fake smiled. I joked about it with them. They are my friends cousins so they weren't really strangers. Idk

Watch for your DOF. #3 the girl on the left is super soft because she is outside the DOF. You should also work on your processing. You can make the color more vibrant without making the subject look too saturated.

I know she is oof. I liked it for some reason lol. I tried a few different processing techniques too. Also, I was looking through the photos for genuine smiles, they are either laughing too hard, or one looks good while the other doesn't. Shooting 2 people I very new to me lol

When you want to put somebody OOF, either do it or dont. Don't do it somewhat in the middle because it will look more like a mistake.

True. So is it safe to say these are all garbage?

Very lovely shots. Seems a little bit problem with focus and DOF.

No man.. need a little sharpening and you need to make the green and yellow more pop. You need to saturate each color seperately. Dont do saturation of all colors, do it by color. In this case you need more on green and yellow.

In all of them or a select few? How do I go about doing that? I think I'm gonna toss the #3. The rest don't look too oof. I could be wrong though

if you use LR, go to HSL. If you use photoshop, I'm not sure because im not at home but you should be able to saturate only certain color.

I wouldn't say any of them are "garbage" they could all just be better. Most of it has to do with them and not you. Well, kind of you because you couldn't get them to look natural. Just something to work on!

Is it me or does all the quality on all of the photos beside #1 looks bad? What happened to the quality? I think last night wasn't like this. Did you re-sized it twice or something?

In those situation I would tell them I'm not gonna shoot and they should just talk and hang out so they'll get comfortable. I'll just be on the side snapping some shots until I see that they're getting comfy. Then depends on how they get, I would tell them to joke about something and do what they do that's fun. It's okay to get goofy shots early so once you've taken like 50 or so shots, they will start to feel comfortable. Try not to get them in to photography mode right off the bat cause they will feel weird since they're not used to it. Even during the goofing shots and during the shoot, if there's a shot that's nice, show, tell, and compliment them. "This is a really nice shot, you guys looks really pretty in this one, here take a look." Once they see how nice they look on camera, they will want to do more shots *which girl doesn't* and willing to work with you after since they became confident. Just my .02 cents. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back