Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another great Veteran's Portrait Project session today... meet MS Colin Boerkamp, CD, RCN (Ret'd) and his service dog Niki:

Boer_DSC8923_WEB.jpg

Boer_DSC8949_WEB.jpg

As always, comments, critique and suggestions for improvement always appreciated.

Very nice. I particularly like the second one, looks like they're buddies, a team.

@tirediron Your lighting always seems to just fit the subject, and this set is no exception. I like both but I'm more partial to the first. I believe that if you have really bonded with a dog there's a connection through eye contact and communication on another level transpires.

Excellent. In the second his shoes seem to be more illuminated than in the first and I think that works better.

Very nice. I particularly like the second one, looks like they're buddies, a team.
Thanks! They are a very tight team indeed!

I love your lighting setup. A great set as always, especially #2
Thanks Jason! You just can't go wrong with a gridded BD!

@tirediron Your lighting always seems to just fit the subject, and this set is no exception. I like both but I'm more partial to the first. I believe that if you have really bonded with a dog there's a connection through eye contact and communication on another level transpires.
Cheers! That's what I was going for here; them as a team.

Excellent. In the second his shoes seem to be more illuminated than in the first and I think that works better.
Interesting; I did do a bit of burning on the first due to an "oopsy" with the floor cloth. I'll have to play around some more.

Excellent! I really like the posing in #2. I sometimes take photos of friend's pups and will have to remember that one for the larger dogs. Both photos show a connection.

Thanks Cheryl, that's her, "Don't bother my human or you and I or going to have a problem!" pose.

I like the second better, too, I think because they're pals, buddies, a team. In the first, the expressions are more solemn and the corners of the man's mouth seem turned down just a smidge rather than up, making it seem almost like he's a little unhappy with something the dog might have done. Both very nice pictures, though.

I like the second better, too, I think because they're pals, buddies, a team. In the first, the expressions are more solemn and the corners of the man's mouth seem turned down just a smidge rather than up, making it seem almost like he's a little unhappy with something the dog might have done. Both very nice pictures, though.
Thank-you; I expect that he will probably prefer the first image, but most others the second.

Most reactions

Back