Another which camera should i get thread

ryank382

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I know these threads are probably posted very often but i just needed to get some info specifically for myself. I am a beginner and just getting into photography. i am basically looking for a good all around dslr that takes good pictures and videos. i did a lot of research and narrowed down my choices to the t3i, d3200 and d5100. correct me if i am wrong but i believe the 5100 has the largest sensor so the photo quality is the best. the t3i is the easiest to use however and the video recording has manual controls and a zoom. i wouldnt want my video to be auto focusing in the middle of the footage all the time like the 5100 will do i believe. i feel like the d3200 is kind of in the middle of both, which is why i am leaning towards that one but i could be wrong as this stuff is very new to me. so t3i vs d3200 vs d5100 for beginner.

also wanted to ask if i can save money or get a better bang for the buck if i buy just the body and get a lens separately instead of using the kit lens. or is the kit lens good for a beginner?

sorry for the confusing questions im just kinda lost and hoping that u guys can set me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

sensor SIZE is the same between the two Nikon models. Have you considered a used but not abused D60, D80 or even D300? You can learn on a less expnsive body and pretty much sell it when ready for what you paid. ;) Just a suggestion. If money is no issue...

Kit lenses are just fine, not great but for a beginner more than capable.

sensor SIZE is the same between the two Nikon models. Have you considered a used but not abused D60, D80 or even D300? You can learn on a less expnsive body and pretty much sell it when ready for what you paid. ;) Just a suggestion. If money is no issue...

Kit lenses are just fine, not great but for a beginner more than capable.

Sounds good but do u kno if the sensor in the nikons are better or worse than the t3i? And also I am not interested in buying a used camera. Even tho I'm just starting off with photography I plan on using the dslr I end up buying for a long time. So used cameras r out of the question

What are you going to use the camera for? What kind of photography?

They are really all capable entry-level cameras, there's not a bad choice among the 3. Typically beginners get a kit mid zoom, followed by a kit telephoto zoom. I'd recommend getting a 35mm or 50mm prime as it will give you an intro into of what a fast lens can do.

Good luck,
Scott

I'll be using the camera for a lot of automotive pictures and maybe some videos here and there. And I'll take your advice and start out with the kit lens

I just looked it up on google and apparently the d5100 has a larger sensor than the d3200 does anyone kno if this is true?

Most reactions

Back